not so great customer service :o( **UPDATE**

niecypiecy

I placed an order via the website on June 23 for Luella Trot On TLC and Sea Me shadestick. I got an email from a MAC rep on June 26 telling me the Luella was sold out but they would still ship my shadestick. I replied to that email asking to cancel the order as I did not want to pay the $7.50 shipping charge for just one item and that it did not seem fair that an item that is sold out was showing as available on the website. He replied to me on June 27 and apologized for the inconvenience and that if I still wanted the shadestick he would waive the shipping fee. I replied thanking him for his understanding and kindness and to continue with the order. On June 28 I got another email from him saying my credit card was unauthorized. I called my credit card company that second and they advised me the expiry date being used was incorrect therefore they would not approve the transaction. I checked the MAC site and the card I have regsitered has the correct account number and expiry date so I emailed the rep back advising this and asked him to please check the numbers he was using. By Aug 2 I have not heard back from this rep and I still have no order but my credit card was not charged. I emailed him again on this date and as of today Aug 6 he still has not replied to either of my emails. I hate to be a bitch but I think this is just rude service. Should I just give up on the order or should I send an email to the general MAC address as this rep seems to not want to communicate with me any longer.

****Edited to add that I found out the PIC of the product I was asking about was not MAC - someone assumed it was MAC playboy and had it in a MAC photo gallery

jasper17

I'd email the main customer service number and let them know what's going on. Maybe they can speed things along. Weird that they have your expiration date wrong, though.

Good luck.

niecypiecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
I'd email the main customer service number and let them know what's going on. Maybe they can speed things along. Weird that they have your expiration date wrong, though.

Good luck.

Yeah I found it odd too. The whole item being sold out when it was still on the site combined with the credit card thing is just not adding up. How could they get the expiry date wrong when I am confirming the correct one is registered with them. I also did not mention in the email he sent me saying that the card would not go through he asked me to email him another credit card number and expiry date. Most places would not request this via email knowing it is not secure. My gut is screaming credit card fraud. I think I will email the general customer service.

Demosthenes

I trust MAC, but I'd definitely switch over to another person from customer service. I've heard of some employees at big companies using the credit card info given to them over the phone to make fradulent charges. Try emailing the site, and then calling the 1-800 number instead.

ChrisKsAngel

Quote:
heard of some employees at big companies using the credit card info given to them over the phone to make fradulent charges.

I worked for a 1-800 customer service based company 2 years ago and we had a couple of people arrested for credit card fraud. So like others said, I would email and complain. You can never be too careful, cause no matter how great the company is, they still have normal (and sadly sometimes greedy) people working for them.

niecypiecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
I trust MAC, but I'd definitely switch over to another person from customer service. I've heard of some employees at big companies using the credit card info given to them over the phone to make fradulent charges. Try emailing the site, and then calling the 1-800 number instead.

Yeah I trust them too but it was just all not sitting with me well. I sent them an email and if I don't hear back from them buy Tues/Wed next week I will call.

ms.marymac

I would go ahead and call. You could probably get things squared away a lot faster by talking to a live person. Maybe even ask them if they make it a habit to ask for CC info via email messages. It could be that this guy is on vacation, but it would seem like someone else would take over the transaction in his absence.

Hikaru-chan

Definately contact costomers service as it will speed
thing up and they are usually really helpfull.

niecypiecy

Just an update guys - got an email from MAC saying they are very sorry and are going to address my concerns. They also said they will send me the shadestick for free beacuse of all of the problems I had (I told them they did not have to do this all I wanted was to have my concern addressed but they are going to anyway). Very sweet of them. Hopefully nothing like this happens to anyone else. Thanks for everyone'e help and advise!

black mamba

I placed an order on July 27th which included Trot on and I recieved it with no problems, but that was from the US site, so maybe someone can CP it for you from the states.

niecypiecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by black mamba
I placed an order on July 27th which included Trot on and I recieved it with no problems, but that was from the US site, so maybe someone can CP it for you from the states.

I actually ended up finding one on Ebay for $15.50 and paid $5 to ship it so in the end it was almost what I would have paid if I had ordered it from MAC directly.