Not very rich. need advice.

Zoffe

I've heard good things about the L'oreal De-Crease e/s primer! I haven't tried it 'cus it's not available where I am, but it's worth a shot
smiles.gif

reesesilverstar

I like Ben Nye too (get at costume/theater shops)
Lumiere Grande E/S $9 ea. Palette $54-60 depending on where u buy it
Pressed and Pearl Accent e/s $6-7 ea.
They also have foundation, concealer, setting powder, the whole 9

But my drugstore picks are:
Wet n Wild pencil liners, liquid liners, lipstick (creamy ones), LIPGLOSSES!!! OOOOOOOO, Blushes, the Blush sticks, nail polish.
L'oreal wear infinite line is AWESOME! I love it. The mascaras are pretty good as are some of the lipglosses and sticks.
Maybelline mascaras and eye makeup remover
Revlon lipsticks and foundation
Milani (Target also) eyeshadows, glimmer stripes in berry
NYX (Ulta, Fragrance outlet, beauty supply not Sally's) single shadows and lipglosses. Some lipsticks look okay.

miss_primer

I like Rimmel lip products and NYX blushes. If you like mineral makeup i would definitely reccomend Everyday Minerals.

subsandwich

What about E.L.F.? Some of their stuff is REALLY nice (some are duds, but that's true with ALL brands) and 75% of it is ONLY 1 dollar! And I think EVERY makeup item on that site never passes 8 dollars either.

Milani is my baby when it comes to eyeshadow, glosses, and I WANT TO try their blush.
smiles.gif
It's greeat and cheap.
Same with Wet n' Wild, their blushes are surprisingly AMAZING, and their megaeyes palette I LOVE with all of my heart. Their lipgloss is alright, haven't tried their lipsticks.

Maybelline, Loreal, &Max Factor are great when it comes to mascara. I haven't really tried anything else from them, but I like Maybelline's Xtension mascara & L'oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes.
smiles.gif
L'oreal's HIP line is great too.

And Revlon's colorstay stuff is amazing. That's all I've tried from them, but their eyeshadow and their eyeliner in that line has grreeeeat lasting power.
smiles.gif
I've also heard that their foundation's great too.

I've heard some NYX stuff has a LOT of dupes for MAC, but I've never tried it even if I want to! They don't sell it around here.
ssad.gif

Can't think of anything else, but GOOD LUCK!

BEA2LS

Revlon colorstay foundation is my HG and i tried everything (high end to low!)
I like cover girl blush, i love milani eyeshadows, salley hansen nail polishes, loreal mascara.. i could spend all day in cvs!

callmestella

Check out Coastal Scents:. They have some amzing palettes and are really reasonable. It's a good way to get a lot of colors for a fairly small price. I haven't tried them yet, but I have an order coming, and have seen some great reviews.

Meisje

There's lots of ways to get a kickass makeup collection for just a little $$$.

I check out cosmetic outlet stores in my area (Toronto). They often have current stuff for a quarter of the full price, and also some discontinued stuff. I got Revlon Illuminance (sorry, spelling) cream shadow quads for $4, and an Almay lipstick for $3.

Coastal Scents is a great option for a lot of variety for very little money.

Try ordering pigment samples. They're cheap and pile up quickly so you end up with a lot of variety and the ability to test drive the products.

And Specktra is teaching me more hints every day
specktra_rocks.gif

Fataliya

I have all the Coastal Scents gel liners and like them alot.

I've also got some E.L.F. stuff too, and I love 99% of it.

macattack77

I have a couple of the brushes from Coastal Scents (kabuki and an angled blush brush)-- both are top quality for a low price. I also have the 26 eyeshadow/blush palette which I really like-- has a bunch of MAC dupes in it, and the colors are long-lasting as long as you use a primer/base underneath.

mascara: L'Oreal Double Extend. love! i've also seen a lot of love for the other voluminous and telescopic L'Oreal types, Covergirl Lashblast, and Max Factor.

long-staying lip color: L'Oreal Infallible lipstick. Their Infallible lip glosses have also been recommended. Their Color Riche lipsticks are also good, come in many shades, and are a few dollars cheaper than the Infallible line.

powder: Physicians Formula. great for highlighters and bronzing/blush powders.

Lcaruso17

I like Loreal HIP, and i have been dying to order some Ben Nye. There is also this Medusa's Makeup (they have a web site) which I love! The eye shadows are sparkly, but the eye dusts have a really nice shimmer and look great when wet too! Rimmel eyeliner is always dependable, and NYX shadow is good. I haven't really tried Milani, I am curious. I always pass by it..

Suri

I would say Milani, but you can actually buy Maybelline ones too.. I prefer Maybelline ones compared to Covegirl.. But one thing before you put these eyeshadows, try putting a base on your eyelids, it helps to pop the colors out and make it stay longer..

LRWade

Best cheap makeup collection I've ever had (basics):
Rimmel eyeliner, maybelline great lash, sally hansen lip plumper, a couple of 17 eyeshadows, rimmel face powder and blush.
Foundation's a tough one to recommend cause skin is so variable but max factor colour adapt is a good basic.
Hope this helps!