Notable contouring brushes

celestia

So far i've checked out Sigma, Sonia Kashuk, MAC... am i missing any worthy of noting? Any of the aforementioned brushes you swear by? which ones? where do you apply them (if it's not specifically designed for that purpose).

I'm particularly after a brush to contour cheeks and parts of the face. I make do with another brush for smaller areas- but i'd love expand my search to get an even better grounding on what others find works best.

TIA!

laguayaca

I have the following mac brushes:

109 I love it it's handy for just about anything!
168 it's great for contouring but i'll be honest since I got 109 I don't use it all the time. Still a great brush!
I believe it's called a 168 or 138 not sure I don't have it with me it's a dome brush it's so super soft and I love it for just about anything!

malaviKat

I use a MAC 168 for contouring and I've found it works quite well. I keep meaning to try my 109 out though (as it has a smaller head) but because I often use this for foundation it hasn't happened yet.

LMD84

the 165 brush by mac is my fave!! it's being re-released in the fall with the dsquared collection
smiles.gif

i also like the 109 but only use this if my 165 needs a wash
smiles.gif

SakurasamaLover

Hands down the 165, smaller version of 138. It blends flwlessly and you can reach small places.

I know that the Mac Pro in Montreal still got some for sure, they aren't displayed cause not in the perm collection tought, you have to ask. You can call for ship, or just wait for dsquared
winks.gif

sunshine16

Hmm, i already have 2 x #168 (one full size & one SE) and am planning on getting the #165 when it's re-released, do i need the #109?
Whats better out of the #165 and #109?

I'm sorry to hijack celestia, hopefully my question helps to narrow your search though
smiles.gif

MacAtFirstSight

165 is best for contour/highlight/blush/foundation... also great because it has a pointy edge that fits around your nose, etc...
109 is best for face contour/blush/bronzer/foundation... has a flat-top so it's like a mini kabuki.

hth

ForgetRegret

109 109 109...
Honestly, I think the 109/165 are kind of apples and oranges...they're both really good for doing the same thing (like apples and oranges are both good for a snack), but the 109 is better for buffing on a highlight, contour, foundation, etc...the 165 is sort of like a typical fluffy brush, and nicely applies contour, bronzer, etc, but you'd still probably need a different brush if you really wanted to buff the color into your skin.
greengrin.gif
HTH

sunshine16

MACAtFirstSight and ForgetRegret, thanks so much for your responses, such a hard decision..
Maybe i'll just get both since i can't decide
th_LMAO.gif