choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
:happydance :
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
yes.gif

I HATE ORDERING ONLINE!

I'm glad I made you happy, MB is too far for me so I'll continue to go to South Park mall in NC, since Columbia is slated to get a sephora last in the state, Charleston-Greenville and Columbia last, why is this considered the capital if there are no perks to it being one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexycocolatte
what kinda of setting powder have yall been using for mufe velvet ladies?

I have become a firm believer in transparent finishing powders, I have ben nye and the prep and prime one (which a little goes a LONGGGG way)

Mandy4610

I am so confused about foundation shades by MAC and MUFE.

I was matched with NW47 studio fix fluid at MAC and I was matched with MUFE HD 178.

When I went to try Matte Velvet, they matched me up with #75 and #80. I think the 75 is too light and the 80 is too dark
ssad.gif

I am also confused by the NC and NW thing. I have no idea what I am
th_dunno.gif

MUFE HD 178 seems to be perfect for me, so what would my Matte Velvet be? And what would my MAC be?

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
Hey ladies I'm NW 45 and I've been to Sephora where I've been matched with the MUFE Mat Velvet in 80 and 85 (I have oily skin). I don't know which to get as they both look good (I think). What do you NW45 ladies use in the Mat Velvet?
P.S. for all other ladies wanting to know about the MUFE HD foundation, I was matched with 178 (which is a bit more yellow than the Mat colours but still good) and I love the look and feel of it on my skin but I do have oily skin....maybe for the Fall....neways tell me what u think about the Mat Velvet
smiles.gif

I am surprised that you have NW 45 matched with Matte velvet 80 and 85. I was matched with NW 47 and matte velvet in 80 is too dark for me.
Being an NW 45, is Mat velvet 80/85 too dark?

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4610
I am surprised that you have NW 45 matched with Matte velvet 80 and 85. I was matched with NW 47 and matte velvet in 80 is too dark for me.
Being an NW 45, is Mat velvet 80/85 too dark?

I think the coloring between the aforementioned has more to do with undertones than darkness. I am just about between NW 45 and NW 47 and I use MUFE 180 HD and MUFE 85 Mat +. The 178 was what my color is "supposed" to be, but it was not necessarily too light but way too red on my skin.

SassyMochaJess

NW45. I wear # 75 and its perfect. Its not too light at all, infact it brightens my complexion but in a non lightening manner (if that makes sense).

Sample both # 75 and 80 and in the #75 container add some 80 (mix it, off course) and see how that works out... I hate the thought of mixing two shades to get the perfect match but I love this foundation so much i would if I had to.

j4lyphe

To Mandy4610......maybe try the 85, to me its lighter lookin (orangey) than the 80 (more red)...i'm startin 2 believe i cud wear either colour....And now that I've gotten darker (I don't use sunscreen bad I know) the 178 in the HD seems a little light, maybe I'll try the 180...

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
To Mandy4610......maybe try the 85, to me its lighter lookin (orangey) than the 80 (more red)...i'm startin 2 believe i cud wear either colour....And now that I've gotten darker (I don't use sunscreen bad I know) the 178 in the HD seems a little light, maybe I'll try the 180...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will get a sample next time I am at sephora. I tried mixing # 80 with # 75 and it was perfect so we will see what #85 will do.

meika79

I was matched to HD178 and Mat 80. The two look completely different but match my complexion perfectly. BTW, I was matched to MAC NC50 but I don't think its right.

macgirl3121

For many years I had been automaticallay matched to NW45. My foundation would start too look a little red/orange by the middle of the day and I didn't know any better so I kept on wearing it.

I just picked this up last week and let me say this foundation is my new bff for real. I think I'm about an NC 45-47 in MAC. I was matched to NC55 in SS a few months back. In the ma's defense I was on meds that made my complexion blotchy and hard to match. Now that things have evened out a bit that seems way dark on me now.

Anyhoo, a few weeks ago I realized that SS + humidity = hot azz mess on a platter. I found $20 in my wallet so I figured I'd go to Sephora and give this a try. I was matched to 70. MA said 75 was too red for me. My undertones are golden/yellow. I purposely waited on the MA that I overheard telling soemone that she just got back from the makeup show to match me. LOL
I love love love this foundation. The finish is butter. The only reason I didn't get HD right now is a have a few dark spots that need covering until they fade. I think I am done with MAC foundations. Even though I'm not NW45 I hope this helped someone.
winks.gif

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by meika79
I was matched to HD178 and Mat 80. The two look completely different but match my complexion perfectly. BTW, I was matched to MAC NC50 but I don't think its right.

You and I have the same shades. I too use HD 178, MAC NW47 studio fix fluid and Mat Velvet 80 (I was matched with Mat velvet 75 at first but it was too light, 80 is a bit too dark, but looks 100x better than 75)

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
when i wore mac i bounced between nw45 and nc50, in mufe mat velvet+ i wear #75

me too, but MUFE mat velvet works in #80 for me.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
For many years I had been automaticallay matched to NW45. My foundation would start too look a little red/orange by the middle of the day and I didn't know any better so I kept on wearing it.

I just picked this up last week and let me say this foundation is my new bff for real. I think I'm about an NC 45-47 in MAC. I was matched to NC55 in SS a few months back. In the ma's defense I was on meds that made my complexion blotchy and hard to match. Now that things have evened out a bit that seems way dark on me now.

Anyhoo, a few weeks ago I realized that SS + humidity = hot azz mess on a platter. I found $20 in my wallet so I figured I'd go to Sephora and give this a try. I was matched to 70. MA said 75 was too red for me. My undertones are golden/yellow. I purposely waited on the MA that I overheard telling soemone that she just got back from the makeup show to match me. LOL
I love love love this foundation. The finish is butter. The only reason I didn't get HD right now is a have a few dark spots that need covering until they fade. I think I am done with MAC foundations. Even though I'm not NW45 I hope this helped someone.
winks.gif

The same thing happened to me. MAC is too orangy. My undertones are yellow as well.

I figure I can warm a yellow toned foundation up better than one that is already warm. the mat velvet is BOSS! I love it.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexycocolatte
i was told they didn't have mufe. its like a mini verison of a real sephora.
th_dunno.gif
ssad.gif

Its inside of a jc penny's

Only freestanding Sephora stores carry Make-up Forever.
ssad.gif
the JC Penny locations have lorac, too faced, bare essentials, nars, sephora, urben decay. I forget what else. It is only a small selection.