NYX: Weak Color Payoff

plastikpony

So a few weeks ago, i decided to depot some of my nyx trios and singles. I decided to follow one of the youtube videos that showed a faster way to depot eyeshadows - baking them in an oven. So everything went successfully and I depotted all my shadows and I was completely satisfied until I swiped some of my shadows with my clean brush (I wash my brushes after I use them).... i wasn't picking up much color from a lot of the shadows, and I had to really dig with my brush to pick up any color.
cry.gif
I tried with my finger (clean finger) and I got some color but when I swiped it against my hand -- nothing. So I'm devastated now and I've been searching everywhere online to rectify the situation. I've tried scraping off the top layers of several of the shadows but the color payoff is still pretty bad after a little while.
cry.gif
The shadows I depotted are actually mostly new from Cherry Culture. I didn't exactly test every color possible before i depotted them so I didn't know how they performed prior to the operation, but I just assumed the color payoff would be decent since I've bought a few singles before and they were great. Even the Morocco and Dolly Pink singles I bought don't really give off much color anymore post-baking... I guess my question is, was it the depotting method (baking)? (I've tried alcohol but it takes too long and i've murdered a few shadows.) And, is there anything I can do to save my 50+ nyx eyeshadows? Any advice at all is appreciated! Thanks~
weeping.gif

Please move this thread if it's in the wrong place...
th_dunno.gif

prettysecrets

It may have been the method that ruined them.

Any time I've had an issue with color payoff, I use a cream e/s first and apply it over it and it always makes the colors pop.

I'm so sorry :-(

ccBeauty

omg! plastikpony, i have the SAME problem too. i bought some nyx eyeshadow and depotted them using the same method of baking them in the oven. but after i depotted them some of the colors definitely did NOT have the same color payoff as they did when i swatched them. i was hoping to find an answer online and salvage my eyeshadows, but i haven't been able to find a good solution.

i definitely think it's the method of depotting that ruined the eyeshadows because the eyeshadows were perfectly fine when i received them and i hadn't altered them in any other way besides depotting them.

uughhhh so aggravating!!!
ssad.gif

Sass E

I've never baked any of my shadows as a depotting method, I've only used the non heat method, but in general the payoff imo of NYX shadows is hit and miss. Often the ones that have a weaker payoff need a good base, like a shade stick, similar colored paint pot or an eye shadow base. The trios do not have a good reputation as far as color pay off goes, many prefer single pots in lieu of the trios.
Sorry about your shadows
ssad.gif
maybe adding some alcohol will help. Or maybe, it's a huge job, but depotting them all and repressing them might help. Enkore has a yt video on this. Good luck!

Asphyxiation

I would blame the baking..
ssad.gif

I depotted all my 160 with the alcohol method and they're fine..

I haven't tried the baking method myself so I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess it I'm afraid..