Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tar Haul : $10.00 HALLOWEEN SALE (received 24 October 2011!)

TSIZ

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tar Haul : $10.00 HALLOWEEN SALE (received 24 October 2011!)

...aka Make-Up Haul v. Groceries...and...
Groceries LOSE BY A LONG-SHOT!!!

TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT: THAT WAS THE QUESTION.
...now I am hella hungry, but look what I got...​
NINETEEN (yes, 19!) different OCC Lip Tars
ALL VEGAN...ALL CRUELTY-FREE...ALL THE TIME

Can't believe I waited 2 days to post this! Since this was my first major OCC haul, of course I filled my virtual-cart with 1 of each color; however, with 36 colors available online that would require sacrificing more than groceries (utilities/insurance/etc). So, I decided to "think like a make-up artist" (and a somewhat-"responsible" person, for once) and stock-up on the line's "basics" for mixing my own colors (*ahem*, need to break-out the color-theory textbook/color wheel) and a handful of the "wear-alone" colors. This meant I had to skip the current season's Pretty Boy Collection
ssad.gif
I know, I know, I KNOW! It was tough, especially with that awesome periwinkle blue Butch, but this prudent decision cut the number of items in my virtual-cart in half and in retrospect I have no regrets. Sorry folks, since there's nothing new to see here, color-wise it was a "boring" haul...regardless, I'm posting because it was a sizable haul, which included almost all of the colors from the line's premier in 2009 (Safety Orange had since been DC'd, so I purchased Beta as a substitute, which is a much brighter - almost fluorescent - orange than Safety Orange, but it'll have to do for now) AND almost all of the Fall 2010 more "wearable" colors (minus Strutter, which was also DC'd). I literally submitted my order like a minute before the Halloween Sale ended 18 October 2011 @ 11:59 PM EST (8:59 PM PST) and barely made it! But fret not, another sale/special will come and I shall haul-again...​
...enough talk - here are the pics - sorry, they SUCK. I have a pretty #&$%-in' good digital camera, so I have come to the conclusion that I am a neo-luddite that totally sucks-a** at taking stills...​
NOTE: color descriptions courtesy of occmakeup.com
OCC_2011-10-24001.jpg

TOP TO BOTTOM:

Vintage-DEEP MERLOT BURGUNDY
Strumpet-SEEDLESS GRAPE RED
Stalker-TRUE, CLASSIC, PIN-UP BLUE-BASED RED
Harlot-VIBRANT CHERRY RED WITH A FIERY CORAL UNDERTONE
Trick-PALE BEIGE WITH SUBTLE WARM UNDERTONES
Über-MEDIUM-TONED TRUE TAUPE

OCC_2011-10-24004.jpg

Traffic-BRIGHT, PRIMARY YELLOW
Tarred-TRUE OPAQUE BLACK
Pageant-RICH, BLUE-BASED PINK
NSFW-TRUE PRIMARY RED
Melange-DEEP TERRACOTA NEUTRAL
Katricia-CREAMY, RICH VIOLET

OCC_2011-10-24003.jpg

Interlace-SUBTLE PEACH NEUTRAL
Grandma-CLEAN AND CLASSIC TRUE CORAL
Beta-VIVIDLY NEON ORANGE
Feathered-PURE, OPAQUE WHITE (x2)
Clear-USED TO SHEER DOWN LIP TAR AND MIX CUSTOM SHADES (x2)

OCC_2011-10-24002.jpg

NOT PICTURED: back-ordered*​
Rx-PRIMARY CYAN BLUE
Trollop-PINK, CRANBERRY CORAL (AS SEEN IN MARIE CLAIRE!)<---that's probably why!​
*I hope I'll be receiving these sooner than later...especially Rx, which is essential for mixing.​
Ooh, speaking of which, I need to get my hands on some of the original colors that have been DC'd, e.g. Red Iron Oxide (Red IO), Safety Orange, Yellow IO, Botanical (green), etc.​
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Discount) means 20% OFF for mua's: woohooooooo!
(AND exempt from paying sales tax - not a resident of NY-state). I saved $42.00!

OCC_2011-10-24005.jpg

PRETTY COLORS ~ LOOKS YUMMY
...too bad I can't eat them...

OCC_2011-10-24006.jpg

THAT'S ALL FOLKS...

baghdad81

Love the colours...I never understood how these work? Are they like lipgloss or liquid lipstick? I love the yellow one and the purple! Enjoy!

TSIZ

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar is "both" a lip gloss and a liquid lipstick, if that makes any sense...

Yellow ("Traffic") is lovely! In general, yellow is my favorite color; I have always painted my bedroom a shade of bright yellow! For me, it would have to be a very special occasion to use Traffic directly from the tube on myself or a client (unless it's for an ultra-haute couture fashion shoot or something super-theatrical); however, since it's one of the primary colors, it's essential for mixing custom-colors. I think the purple/violet ("Katricia") would look fun/funky as-is, but for other people...it's too cool for my skin-tone.

...ANYWAY, the Lip Tar tip is slanted, which would give one the impression that the product can be applied directly from the tube to the lips - well, technically, it CAN...but it's certainly NOT recommended! - A TINY TINY TINY drop of Lip Tar on a good-quality lip brush is all that's needed! Also, it is recommended to use a lip brush b/c the product is so highly-pigmented it can stain.

Per their official website: "...A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish..."
click here for OCC website's full-description
Love the colours...I never understood how these work? Are they like lipgloss or liquid lipstick? I love the yellow one and the purple! Enjoy!

RedR0se

I think it would be so much fun mixing these with each other you could get some amazing colors.

etre

So colorful. I've always wanted to try those out - maybe the next time they have a sale!