OCC lip tars

erine1881

:fluffy: Good Morning to me!!!
$160+ OCC morning for me :(
I really wish OCC would make like a complete collection but of all the miniature sizes so I could have then all. I love this product so much.
Idd buy an entire mini lip tar set for my kit if they did that!
Finally ordered my roller girl . Can't wait. I need to get more occ but scared since I love BMD but hate nylon. I wish my sephora had them so I can swatch.
I actually love Nylon lol. Which actually surprised me since I really went through an anti-pink phase (was traumatized by the color pink growing up lol).
I love Nylon too! It's a longwearing CYY!

butterflyeyes

$160+ OCC morning for me :(
It was an almost $200 morning for me but I went back and cleaned out my cart lol. Ended up being a $130-ish OCC morning lol. Still better than it would have been on OCC's website though or at IMATS so I'm ok with that. I can pick up the other OCC items at IMATS so I won't feel like I'm neglecting them lol. Can't NOT get anything from them...that would be blasphemy!

erine1881

It was an almost $200 morning for me but I went back and cleaned out my cart lol. Ended up being a $130-ish OCC morning lol. Still better than it would have been on OCC's website though or at IMATS so I'm ok with that. I can pick up the other OCC items at IMATS so I won't feel like I'm neglecting them lol. Can't NOT get anything from them...that would be blasphemy!
True. Oh, and mine was before shipping! :shocked: I'm saving the Makeup Show for all Inglot and the newer MUFE flash palette that came out last year. I wanna get em in person cuz i hate ordering stuff over the phone or thru email. I've yet to order Inglot thru email yet. I'm just nervous I'll screw something up lol

butterflyeyes

True. Oh, and mine was before shipping! :shocked: I'm saving the Makeup Show for all Inglot and the newer MUFE flash palette that came out last year. I wanna get em in person cuz i hate ordering stuff over the phone or thru email. I've yet to order Inglot thru email yet. I'm just nervous I'll screw something up lol
I LOVE that MUFE flash palette! Use it more than the classic one! Hope they have it for $49.50 like they did at TMS Orlando. I plan on grabbing a lot more MUFE items this year since they will finally be at IMATS NYC (was going to head to the MUFE store in NY if they weren't and just use my backstage card since like you I really didn't want to order over the phone). I ordered Inglot shadows online once but I knew exactly what I was looking for so there were no surprises. I wouldn't do it again unless I knew exactly what I wanted. Their website colors aren't very helpful.

Baby1black

I actually love Nylon lol. Which actually surprised me since I really went through an anti-pink phase (was traumatized by the color pink growing up lol).
It's not really the color but for some reason nylon needs more prep before putting it on until BMD which I do not need any prepping of my lips. I will rub the dust from my nylon and try it again maybe I'm doing something wrong.

erine1881

It's not really the color but for some reason nylon needs more prep before putting it on until BMD which I do not need any prepping of my lips. I will rub the dust from my nylon and try it again maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Well they're two different finishes, one matte and one metallic. Mattes are generally gonna need more prepping than metallics any day. Try exfoliating, moisturizing, blotting, using p&p, and then applying nylon.

butterflyeyes

Nigel's has shipped my order :fluffy: Won't get here until next Tues or Wednesday but that's nowhere near as bad as it used to be when I first started ordering from them lol

NewChick10

Just in case anyone is wondering I swatched Milani 04 Violet Addict next to OCC lip tar in Hoochie. At first they looked alike but then I noticed that Hoochie has purple in it and 04 Violet Addict has more pink. Placing the tubes right next to each other they look identical but they are not. I will try to do swatches when I get time and I will also add a few other in the swatch if I think they are pretty close too.

butterflyeyes

Picked up my package today (it apparently arrived yesterday morning so I could have picked it up then BUT for some random reason my UPS Choice went to the spam box so I didn't know).
11db253f_image.jpeg
:fluffy: I only got 4 of the pencils for now (the rest I'll save for IMATS or my next order if I like these). Not too thrilled with the outer packaging of the lip tars...really hope they haven't gotten rid of the pouches for good. I kinda like them

erine1881

Picked up my package today (it apparently arrived yesterday morning so I could have picked it up then BUT for some random reason my UPS Choice went to the spam box so I didn't know).
11db253f_image.jpeg
:fluffy: I only got 4 of the pencils for now (the rest I'll save for IMATS or my next order if I like these). Not too thrilled with the outer packaging of the lip tars...really hope they haven't gotten rid of the pouches for good. I kinda like them
They didn't have the pouches when i ordered directly from occ either :(

butterflyeyes

They didn't have the pouches when i ordered directly from occ either :(
I haven't heard anyone mention if the pouches are gone for good (actually hadn't heard anyone mention them not coming with these but assumed a lot of people got theirs from IMATS or TMS so they wouldn't have got the pouches or mini brushes anyway). I might be in the minority on this but if they are gone I'm really going to miss them. I like them.

erine1881

I haven't heard anyone mention if the pouches are gone for good (actually hadn't heard anyone mention them not coming with these but assumed a lot of people got theirs from IMATS or TMS so they wouldn't have got the pouches or mini brushes anyway). I might be in the minority on this but if they are gone I'm really going to miss them. I like them.
I THINK I've been saving mine for some. I'm sure i am. I can't imagine I've been throwing them away. They're too cute!

mosha010

I know me either lol. I store them separately in there with their respective brushes. Like the lip tar hoarder I am.

butterflyeyes

Can i wait on the pencils til TMSCHI [@]butterflyeyes[/@]?
I would say yes. I only got 4 of them because I wanted to see how I felt about them. The color payoff is great though for the ones I got (Tarred, Pool Boy, Black Dahlia, and Hoochie). I can wait until IMATS for the others. Love Tarred though as a lip liner (and it is pretty opaque filling in the entire lip). It wasn't nearly as dry as BD. Not sure yet how great they are as eye liners.

erine1881

I would say yes. I only got 4 of them because I wanted to see how I felt about them. The color payoff is great though for the ones I got (Tarred, Pool Boy, Black Dahlia, and Hoochie). I can wait until IMATS for the others. Love Tarred though as a lip liner (and it is pretty opaque filling in the entire lip). It wasn't nearly as dry as BD. Not sure yet how great they are as eye liners.
Ok great! I'm wondering how how close they are to some mac liners that i have, so swatching them in person at the show would be best. And if they're close, then i can save myself a bunch of moolah!

butterflyeyes

Ok great! I'm wondering how how close they are to some mac liners that i have, so swatching them in person at the show would be best. And if they're close, then i can save myself a bunch of moolah!
Exactly. BD isn't terribly unique in my opinion. It actually reminds me of the TTT pencil but I haven't had a chance to swatch them next to each other. Instead of just impulse buying them all like I initially started to I was smart and cleaned the cart out. Kinda glad I did because I really need to check the other colors out in person before I commit to them.