Office Rant I have to get off my chest!

eyeshadowfreak

Receptionist at work called in sick on Thursday, so I made a comment on MUA during my break. All I said was that she called in and I was in hell. I'm her backup so when she's out, I have to do 2/3 of her job and all of mine. Yes, she has a right to call in sick, but hell, I have the right to be pissy about it too!

Well Friday morning, she makes a comment to me about being in hell when the receptionist is out sick. Her choice of words, plus the look on her face told me exactly where she got that from (she's the one who told me about MUA inthe first place, but she said she only uses it for the reviews). All I said was I didn't expect her to not call in sick when she's "not feeling well," but I can be pissy about it all I want. She then said that it's hard when anyone calls off sick and I'm just sitting there thinking of all the people in the office, who else has to COMPLETELY rearrange their day and how they do things when someone else in their department calls off sick and the only person I came up with was me. SOOOOO wanted to tell her not to give me that BS.

So then I register a new MUA name. It creeped me out since it had been early in the morning (on a day she was "sick") and I started wondering if she just came across my post by accident or if she's just been following them overall. I'm allowed to vent anonymously and her knowing who I am online doesn't make me anonymous anymore. And I so didn't appreciate her saying that to me. I am entitled to my feelings. And I soooooo could've said worse. I know why she wasn't at work and it was more nerves than anything, so sometimes, it's a bit inconsiderate when you don't come in.

There was one time when her mom was in the hospital. Now I understand when a parent is ill, we want to be with them, but she couldn't be in the hospital with her mom (unworkoutable transportation issues) and, as it turned out, she LIVES in the building where our office is (meaning all she has to do is take an elevator downstairs). She stayed at home the entire week her mom was in the hospital, and then she'd call in every so often with an update and she'd be all pissy about how the hospital isn't treating her mother like Queen of the world (making her wait to get tests done, not getting her thing she asks for RIGHT THAT SECOND). And she pretty much said she wouldn't be back til her mom got home. So she was out for a week, unplanned, and I got to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I was so overwhelmed I started crying in my office. I've had an ill parent - I've been in that situation. And as long as that parent is being well cared for and isn't in the ICU dying, you go on with your normal life! It irked me, it really did.

Sorry for my long rambling, but I had to get that out. And please, someone tell me if I'm wrong and just being a raging bitch.

mac_obsession

You have every right to be upset. It seems like the woman in question has major issues. The world doesnt rotate around her and she doesnt like it...obviously. Id just go with the changed name and post your heart out without fear of what shes going to say to you. You shouldnt have to worry about that crap.
Hope today was a better day for you!

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
You have every right to be upset. It seems like the woman in question has major issues. The world doesnt rotate around her and she doesnt like it...obviously. Id just go with the changed name and post your heart out without fear of what shes going to say to you. You shouldnt have to worry about that crap.
Hope today was a better day for you!

Ditto!!

That woman is so self-centered. I can't believe she used her Mom being sick as an excuse not to hop on the elevator!! I mean, as long as her Mom wasn't in ICU, I don't see why she couldn't go to work. It's not like she was spending all that time at the hospital or anything.