OHhh Lord!!I need help with MAC CREMEWASH!!!

shimpaniac

Hi people...
i'd be really grateful if you could please help me out with my MAC cremewash issue here.

i'd been wanting it forever,and now, when i finally got it,something really weird happened....At the store,I happened to open da tube and noticed the so-called "cream" was very thin, liquidy and frothy...so i told the MAC girl and she checked two other tubes, only to find that they were the same...it was strange,but i ended up buying it...half-heartedly,thinking it was the summer heat that had temporarily caused the runny texture.

well...at home,a few minutes in the freezer and it seemed to get thicker, almost like toothpaste and i was reassured.

And....so i let it be in the fridge overnight...buttttt.....againnn todayyyy when i used it, it was all thin again, not literally water...but frothy and thin...whereas i thought it should be thickkk and smooth like toothpaste and hard to get out of the tube!!!!
what on earth is the real texture???please help me...it costed over 24 bucks where i live...and i dont want to waste it!!
Do you think its an old tube??whats the original texture...???Should i return it???
ssad.gif

TIA!!!!!

chelseadawn

I only ever got a sample of cremewash, but it was flowy, not thick like toothpaste but thin like liquid soap.

shimpaniac

ohhh...so i guess i was wrong about the sample that id gotten ages back...i remember it being thick...oops....

rosasola1

It's not runny at all. it's thick without being hard like toothpaste... when u squeeze some out on your hand, it should hold it's shape. but all that really matters is that it foams up and becomes a rich lather when you rub it between both hands (with ur hands being slightly wet). If that doesn't happen, then it's defective, but as long as it lathers up, you're okay!
smiles.gif

TISH1124

My Cremewash is not as thick as toothpaste but really not like a liquid, runny or thin like liquid soap at all...it is like a creamy whipped texture...if I put it on my hand and hold my hand up it does not move

100_8417.jpg

ForgetRegret

OP, your cremewash may have separated a bit...have you tried squeezing the tube (while the lid's closed, of course) back and forth a little, and maybe even shaking it around some, to try and get the consistency right? I know with some of my products, if I don't use them for a while, I have to kind of bring them back to life. HTH!

shimpaniac

thanks all of you for all the help...and a special thanks for the cremewash pic
smiles.gif

umm...yes, i did try shaking the tube with the lid closed...but apparently that dint seem to help either...plus it was notttt smooth, it looked abit bubbly/grainy...
and to answer your question, the cremewash is a creamy facewash that works more or less like any other cleanser...and yeah, it smells greatttt...

too bad my tube was an old one...just returned it today!!!

Vlcatko

My first Cremewash was an old tube too... It wasn't runny or liquidy but something I would best describe as curdled or soured - there were tiny curds or grains that scratched my face and the heavenly clean smell which is one of the great things about the Cremewash clenser wasn't there at all...

I took it back and got a new tube and now I can't be separated from it
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMAC
off topic but how well does this creme wash work i have never tried it.

I have never tried using it alone (meaning not removing my makeup with a wipe before cleansing with the Cremewash) but I would say it works great
smiles.gif
I have no complaints what so ever and I love love the clean smell. When I tone after washing my face, there is no residue on the cotton pad I tone with. With other cleansers it wasn't always the case - so I am really satisfied with it
yes.gif

TISH1124

I use mine without removing my makeup with a wipe most times...My skin is very dry and it lathers so nice and is very creamy and moisturizing...I really like it....

choozen1ne

I am so slow
lol.gif
- I wasn't even thinking this was a face wash I thought it was some sort of highlighing cream or some lip product

shimpaniac

welll...
i just returned da first tube and re-purchased the cremewash...i made sureee i checked their tester, which was perfectly thick and smooth,andddd once againnnn my cremewash is a bit bubbly and nothingggg like the tester!!!!

The MAC girl told me i wasnt SHAKINGGG IT RIGHT???
are we supposed to shake it like crazy before use, girls???i told her id kept it in the fridge, and she was like "no no...keep it at room tempertaure, and shakeeee it!!!!"
how weird is dat???
please help me...what do i need to do nowww??? da smell by the way is fantastic...so it doesnt seeemmm old...
thmbdn.gif

TISH1124

I have never had to shake mine...Hummm maybe, thats true ????...I had not used it in months on the sample I squirted out...and I didnt shake it

shimpaniac

ohhh ...thats incredibly annoying...i wonder why she'd cook up that shaking story...???
and since i just got a new tube, thats really weird...!!
thankssss anywayyyy!!!