Oil Control!!!

mtuozzolo

THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD
yes.gif
Hope it helps

There is not much that you can do about oily skin. All of these products promise results but most of them are a waste of money. You have to hydrate you skin from the inside out. Drinking a lot of water makes a big difference. Have a bottle of water with you at all times and sip it thoughout the day. I notice a big difference the days that im not drinking as much as i should, my skin is much more oily.

Products:

everything must be oil-free!

MORNING use a very light non-drying cleanser. oil-free of course. Always follow with a toner and light oil-free moisturizer. also, when washing your face always use warm water never hot. Hot water will dry out our face, dry skin causes more oil. After rinsing off cleanser always splash cold water on your face to close your pores back up.

WHAT I USE:
cleansers-dermalogica pre-cleanse and also dermalogica special cleansing gel.
toner-dermalogica-multi-active toner
moisturizer-clean and clear morning glow oil-free spf 15
And dont forget your favorite eye cream!

MAKE-UP:
Laura mercier oil-free primer
physcians formula- conceal rx physicians strength concealer(found at drug stores)
Bare essentuals foundation and mineral veil.

this process may sound strange but i find this really helps keep the oil from coming through with out causing any breakouts or clogging. i am a waitress so im running around at work and sweating...but this is what i do...i put on the primer and then i put on my concealer( i find that the BE does not cover my acne scars very well so i use the concealer for that. and yes i put it before the foundation.)after the foundation i put on some BE mineral veil to hold that in place, then follow with the foundation, and last i apply the mineral veil again.

NIGHT glycolic acid cleanser. (exfoliates your skin chemically, if your using this there is no need to exfoliate twice a week). Follow again with a toner(optional at night) and moisturizer.

WHAT I USE:
Cleanser- Neo Strata Foaming Glycolic Wash( i got it from my derm, but if you search in google you can order it ofline).There are other glycolic cleansers out there i know DDF has one sold at Sephora.
Moisturizer-Any oil-free

Just remember dont overwhelm your skin..using to many different products
can irritate your skin more. Stick to the same regimin for at least a month.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER, AND NEVER SKIP YOUR MOISTURIZER THIS CREATES MORE OIL!
tong.gif

fresh76

I have super, SUPER oily skin too but I found the best way is to look at your skincare! I recently switched to Dr. Hauschka's Oily and Impure line - it's a tad expensive, but I figure it's my skin! It's worth it!! I am using her cleansing cream, clarifying toner, normalizing day oil (during the day) and rejuvenating mask (once a week). I might pick up her clay mask after my LUSH mask is all finished up. My skin has been noticeably less shiny and it's starting to act a little 'normal'! I'd say look into your skincare first. I'm not a believer that any amount of makeup can hide or suppress oil production. HTH!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Has anyone tried the newer Smashbox LIGHT primer for oily skin?

Yep and it still did nothing for me. =T MAC's P&P spf 50, on the other hand, is amazing for keeping my skin matte. Since my last post here I've actually ditched Normaderm and am using Lightful Cremewash to cleanse and Moisture Cream as facial lotion.

I found that after awhile my skin didn't get enough moisture from Normaderm so it started overporducing sebum to compensate. I've been using Moisture Cream for almost a year and paired with the P&P spf, my skin has been doing much better. Oh, and I've been using Mineralized Loose as foundation. All I need to carry is a pack of blotting papers and I'm ready for the day!

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraye
i sit a freaking desk for 8 hours a day....no matter what, total oil......

Here's what I have/have used/currently using....in no particular order....

1. Studio Fix Powder (stopped using after MA told me SFF would be less oily)
2. Studio Fix Fluid (i noticed a small decline in the oil, but nothing major.)
3. MAC Blot Pressed Blot Powder (i think, its in my desk at work)
4. Philosophy The Present primer....this seems it MIGHT be working, but i cant tell yet.
5. UDPP does nothing for my eyelids.
6. Neither do paints. creasy. oily. yuck.
7.fix plus+.....didn't see much of a difference before makeup as a light moisturizer or after as a setting spray.
8. MAC Matte. (in a small tube...) - wow that was a waste of MAC money.
ssad.gif

9. Studio Moisture fix...nice moisturizer, but that whole "apply a light moisturizer so your skin doesnt freak out and produce MORE oil to compensate" just doesnt work for me, even though it makes sense.
10. BareMinerals barevitamins as a moisturizer
11. BareMinerals foundation....i just wasnt that impressed i guess.
12. And of course, oil blotting sheets.

a. I have extremely oil hair too. (blonde, fine, but lots of it.)
b. i dont have bangs. i either part down the middle, or sideswept, but my hair isnt resting on my face.
c. uhh, im on a pretty good skincare regimen. washing with a oil control in the morning, a slightly less harsh one at night, with a light moisturizer most of the time.
d. I dont wanna take accutane.

That's about all I can think of or identify in my bathroom. So from you my lovely girls, what the oil STOPPING product you love? I'm desperate. Price knows no bounds for me to have a normal looking face when 5pm rolls around. I can literally wipe my hand across my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, you name it and be covered in oil....it's literally disgusting.

Recommendations....NOW!
smiles.gif

i'm super oily in the T zone and i went and talked to an MA 'bout a month ago. she gave me a sample of the oil control moisturizer which works really well but what she told me to do is this, wash your face at night with whatever you use to wash it with and moisturize with whatever you moisturize with but in the morning just rinse your face really well with cold water. no facial wash/soap and then use the oil control moisturizer. i wasn't to sure about the whole "just rinse your face in the morning" thing but it's been working. the more you wash with some kind of facial soap, the more oil you produce anyway.

just a suggestion
winks.gif

FlashBang

Urgh I have oily skin too
ssad.gif
Its a nightmare but on the plus side, we wont show as many signs of aging
cutey.gif

I use studio fix and finishing powder, so far it works alright for me, doesnt really stop the oily skin, I just make sure I have blotting sheets and I use those once an hour, Shesheido's are the best.

To reduce some the oiliness, just make sure you use an oil free moisturiser and dont exfoliate your face any more than once a week. Use and gel or foaming facial wash as well and like Lauren 1981 said, use cold water - this will tighten your pores, you could even try washing your face with warm water to remove dirt (makes pores wider) and then rinsing thoroughly with cold water.

Also, sometimes your diet can cause your skin to be more oily than usual, on a trip to LA for 5 weeks I drank ALOT of water and ate alot more healthily...mainly because I hate fast food and there was loads in LA, though American burritos are amazing haha. Well my healthier diet with more water, worked wonders, even with the hot weather, my skin was no where near as oily.
Then it went back to normal when I got home
th_rolleye0014.gif