Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment....

MAC_Pixie04

Has anybody tried this? I got it as gratis from work, and I'd never tried it. I put it in my hair and slept in it all night and OMG My hair looks/feels/smells amazing.

Does anybody else have this product and love it? I have a mini size, I'm not sure yet if I wanna shell out $55 on a full sized one, so any feedback from my Specktralites would be great!

MACLovin

I have the mini-size too, I like it! The smell was a little weird at first but I've grown to love it as well.. It does leave my hair super soft. The only concern I have is with my hair newly colored like it is now, I've heard oils aren't good for color-treated hair and can make the color fade quicker.
ssad.gif
So I haven't used it that much lately, but when I had highlights this summer it was great!

It's nice for your skin as well.
greengrin.gif

xsnowwhite

what exactly is it? is it like a conditioner or is it that pasty stuff? I think i saw it at Ulta but I was really confused how it works.

MACLovin

It's basically oil from this palm nut in S. America... It has a strange consistency. Straight out of the container it feels more like a balm/cream.. but once your body heat gets to it, you have an oil.

I've noticed the testers at Sephora, if they are placed near one of the display lights, its usually all turned to oil but in my bathroom cabinet it keeps its consistency pretty well.

It is used mainly as a deep conditioning treatment, but you put it in before you wash your hair (for as long as you choose, but the longer the better). I also use it as a leave-in treatment on my ends.

I do like it, but I don't think I'd buy it again. I think its very pricey ($21 for the small "trial?" version, and $55 for the regular size) and I get pretty much the same results with raw coconut oil and some essential oil (lavender, bergamot, and/or sage).. then I can make it smell like whatever I feel like! Oh, and my wallet doesn't hate me so much.
tong.gif

aeni

I use the hair treatment and haven't found anything comparable to it yet. Trick is to buy it on ebay - spent 60 for 2 6oz jars.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
I have the mini-size too, I like it! The smell was a little weird at first but I've grown to love it as well.. It does leave my hair super soft. The only concern I have is with my hair newly colored like it is now, I've heard oils aren't good for color-treated hair and can make the color fade quicker.
ssad.gif
So I haven't used it that much lately, but when I had highlights this summer it was great!

It's nice for your skin as well.
greengrin.gif

That's interesting; after I used it I noticed my hair color (it's called "light plum brown" by Revlon) was a lot more vibrant than it usually is after I wash and condition.

Hm, I've been pretty satisfied with my Jonathon Hydrating mask, which is much much cheaper. But I still can't decide! Maybe I'll finish this little one first.

beauty_marked

Ive been using this product for the last two years and i LOVEE it. My hair tends to get very dry and straw like and this just brings it back to life. I leave it in over night and wash it out in the a.m. and use the Ojon conditioner, and my hair is like PERFECTT.

but since youve used both products, do tel me about the Jonathan mask...

aleksis210

I actually really wanted to like this, but my grandma bought me the full size and I honestly couldn't tell any difference(I used up the whole thing)...Most ojon products don't work for me for some reason...I was REALLY religious with using their line too..
ssad.gif

safi

i love this stuff. i dont like putting a lot of products in my hair, so this is great because you wash it out, but your hair is still hydrated and with a lot of shine.

AmandDUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
I tried it of QVC and ended up returning it.
Coconut oil works far better and is so much cheeper.

i second this. and it smells a whole heck of a lot better!

ruthless

I love, LOVE the smell of Ojon. I ordered a whack of it from the shopping channel. The jury is still out on the takla ? shampoo and conditioner though

amber_j

I have natural afro hair and use this about once a month as an overnight deep conditioning treatment. It's pretty good and I do notice my hair is much more hydrated and moisturised afterwards. But I think I prefer my Le Kair Cholesterol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
I love, LOVE the smell of Ojon. I ordered a whack of it from the shopping channel. The jury is still out on the takla ? shampoo and conditioner though

Yeah, I got this treatment as part of a TSV from QVC with the Tawaka shampoo and conditioner. I find the shampoo really good for giving my hair a deep clean and the conditioner's really hydrating, but I think it's just too much protein for my hair
th_dunno.gif
It can feel quite dry afterwards and I have to pile on my homemade moisture spray for the rest of the week. Makes me feel a bit "Soul Glo" if you know what I mean, and that effect needs to stay in the 80s!
lol.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Makes me feel a bit "Soul Glo" if you know what I mean, and that effect needs to stay in the 80s!
lol.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
I just watched Coming to America last night. And you're right, that is not a look you want to bring back.

And sorry for my completely off topic post :)