Old brush question

shimegami

Is there anyway to fix an old brush that I haven't used in a while that is now stiff? Also, if I get a backup of a brush, will it end up getting stiff too?

caffn8me

Soak it in warm water with shampoo without letting the liquid level get above the base of the ferrule. If it's a real hair brush, once it's softened you can condition it with hot oil (the stuff you can buy for your own hair).

caffn8me

OK - M·A·C 180 is natural hair - goat hair to be precise. It has no brass ferrule so avoid wetting it all the way to the handle. You don''t want the wood to get wet.

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
OK - M·A·C 180 is natural hair - goat hair to be precise. It has no brass ferrule so avoid wetting it all the way to the handle. You don''t want the wood to get wet.

Huh thanks for this!!! I didn`t realize that... I guess it would be the same for the 182?

OfficerJenny

I think the 182 is Goat Hair, as well.
smiles.gif

Or some sort of natural bristle ;-;

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
kinda ot, but not.. i've been searching for a 180 for quite some time now..
ssad.gif

Have you tried the "gone but not forgotten" programme from M·A·C? Details here - the number given is for all M·A·C products (except LE) and not just Pro products.

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
kinda ot, but not.. i've been searching for a 180 for quite some time now..
ssad.gif

me too
yes.gif
it is my favorite Mac brush and I need b/u.pls lmk if you find it

HustleRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Have you tried the "gone but not forgotten" programme from M·A·C? Details here - the number given is for all M·A·C products (except LE) and not just Pro products.

wow, i did not know about this. thanks so much!

erine1881

the 180, 181, and 182 are all goat. just do a quick wash in antibacterial soap and water and let dry overnight and you're good to go!