OPI no longer sold wholesale/online

xxManBeaterxx

I read an article somewhere saying OPI wanted to reestablish itself as a higher end nail polish brand so they lawyered up forcing websites such as 8ty8beauty and transdesign to stop all sales of OPI nail polish. Last time I checked, 8ty8 already stopped selling OPI and all OPI was on liquidation at transdesign. It will now only be sold through salons but i recently saw it at target for $9 a pop.

From now on i'll only be purchasing china glaze.

Nicala

Whaaaaat? This sucks
ssad.gif
. Not every one has $9 to spend on ONE nail polish. :/ I only own 1 OPI and 1 Sephora by OPI. They cost me an arm with a tight budget!

purrtykitty

OPI is alleging that those e-tailers are illegally getting their supplies from legitimate sources.

Personally, I think OPI should be glad its product is getting sold, and if it's really so concerned about image and profit, then perhaps it should clamp down on its wholesalers or increase its bottomline at the wholesaler level. I know I won't pay $9 for a bottle of OPI. I'll just wait for the buy 2 get one free at Ulta. Ends up working out to about the same price as Transdesign (after shipping is factored in).

omgitzstephanie

WHHHHHAAAT. Are you kidding me.
I already pay enough as it is in Canada! OPI nail polishes usually run from $9.99 to $11.99 in places where I live. And for that reason, I resorted to eBay. I usually get them for 7 - 8 dollars which is already high for me. If they do this evilbay will obviously increase their prices as well. Why would they do this to us!?

shatteredshards

Maybe they should come out with better color lineups or a better formula if they're so worried about being a high-end brand.

Shadowy Lady

That's so lame of them. I love OPI formula and brushes but their colours need revamping. I'll be buying a lot less from them now. There's always Color Club, Orly, China Glaze and Misa
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
WHHHHHAAAT. Are you kidding me.
I already pay enough as it is in Canada! OPI nail polishes usually run from $9.99 to $11.99 in places where I live. And for that reason, I resorted to eBay. I usually get them for 7 - 8 dollars which is already high for me. If they do this evilbay will obviously increase their prices as well. Why would they do this to us!?

I know it's not cheap to get OPI in Canada. I still will get colours I truly feel are unique but I'm gonna stick mostly to other brands.

blondie711

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
OPI is 17€ here, that's almost $22 in the US for 1 bottle of nail polish.

uugghhh..i had no idea! that is just insane. if it wasn't a custom's problem, i would go buy you every color you want at the cosmoprof ($4.50) and send them to you. that is just ridiculous

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie711
uugghhh..i had no idea! that is just insane. if it wasn't a custom's problem, i would go buy you every color you want at the cosmoprof ($4.50) and send them to you. that is just ridiculous

Usually if you mark the package as 'gift', there won't be any custom fees
winkiss.gif
I think I'll just stick to CG.

RedRibbon

I think it's ridiculous, I lust after most of their colours and finally found somewhere to buy them from, now they're saying you cant?

Seems like a very stupid move on their part, if it wasn't for bloggers and online retailers, I would a)never have known the brand existed and b)known where to buy them from.

If they think they're big enough that people will source them out and pay extortionate prices for them then they're mistaken because there are cheaper polishes out there which work better than they do.

blondie711

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
Usually if you mark the package as 'gift', there won't be any custom fees
winkiss.gif
I think I'll just stick to CG.

Someone told me that if you ship polishes from the US internationally & the package gets pulled for a "random" custom's check (while in route), that they take it.
th_dunno.gif

If you ever want (or somebody else wants to) to take the risk, I'll be happy to pick them up for you. They are not going to stop selling where I buy, it's a place where only cosmetologists can puchase.

BEA2LS

i usually buy them at ulta anyway.. at this point i really only buy if a color catches my eye so i do not mind paying full price plus they do go on sale there and i use my ulta card to rack up points.
but i can see how it is unfair to others
ssad.gif

Sabrunka

Yah if anyone needs, I live in Canada and have access to a store which is for licensed hair stylists or estheticians ONLY, and the opi polishes are 5.50-6$ each.

ruthless

I wondered why trans design was liquidating their stock now I know. Since head2toe won't ship CG outside of the US at that manufacturer's request I'm sure it's only time before they axe it elsewhere too.

OPI is 12 bucks a bottle here. No way will I pay full retail at a salon for it. Absolutely Alice and Mad as a Hatter were about the only worthwhile polishes from this company that I've seen in quite some time. Jade is the new black is nice, but I'm sure it's got a dupe somewhere.

I would think OPI would want to sell more polish-considering it goes for less than 5 bucks online that tells you what the markup is for each bottle. Now they'll sell less, actually. Very dissapointing, OPI!

bellaxo812

wtff.gif
What???

Wow, this really sucks
th_mad0217.gif

I do have a lot of OPI polishes, but most of that is because of the Ulta "buy 2 get 1 free" promotions.

I was at the beauty store yesterday and I always pick up one OPI polish evertime I'm there, and I definitely agree with everyone saying they need to revamp their colors. I couldn't justify spending money on another polish that looks exactly like one I already have but has a different name.

I also wonder if this now means the beauty stores are also going to be selling them for $9. This beauty store sells them for $6.50 and that's the cheapest I have seen it at a store.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie711
Someone told me that if you ship polishes from the US internationally & the package gets pulled for a "random" custom's check (while in route), that they take it.
th_dunno.gif

If you ever want (or somebody else wants to) to take the risk, I'll be happy to pick them up for you. They are not going to stop selling where I buy, it's a place where only cosmetologists can puchase.

Off topic, but if I get an esthetician license and go to Cosmoprof, could I also buy hair dye like redken, matrix, etc?