OPI (rant)

CandiGirl21

I recently written on this site, I forgot what thread, but I mentioned how OPI is a good product. Well, I take that back. This damn nail polish peeled on my ass as soon as I put it on. Not only that, it peeled on me too. It may go on smooth, but the shit is too weak for me. I was pissed I paid $8 bucks for it. I came to realize the only nail polish that does not peel or chip on me is Sally Hansen Hard as nails nail polish line... Now this nail polish I can say WILL NOT peel or chip and is under $7 bucks! BEAT that OPI!

Now I can breathe...
yes.gif

Hilly

lol...I can't stand it when polish chips! But lately, I have great luck with OPI using their top coat. I am really impressed with it.

photogeek

that's a bummer
ssad.gif
what base/top coats are you using?
those make/break any polish, any brand for me for the most part.

but hey, if you find something that works, stick with it! glad you at least have your SH lovelies
smiles.gif

m

CandiGirl21

The hell with OPI. lol
I think some where buy it for the name more than the quality cause it's hard to find a nail polish that won't chip...even my sally will chip after two weeks.

TISH1124

Ok....But most people change their polish within two weeks or close to it..I actually buy MAC for the name ..not OPI

CandiGirl21

Yep..Top and base... just a bad product for me.
If a nail polish and stay on for close to two weeks, that's a bad mutha fucka there..lol

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
As a nail tech, I can tell you....not every product works for every person.

Yeah!!! Not only are you gonna do my liner when you come down but my nails too!!
thmbup.gif

CandiGirl21

Michie, can you please explain to me why some nail techs nails are never in as good of a shape as their customers? lol

The nail salon where I live, these "experts" nails are always terrible.

MiCHiE

Well, for one, we're not all blessed with great nails. For those of us who don't want to wear acrylics and would rather go natural, you can't necessarily worry about nail treatments when you're in water and other chemicals all day. When I'm working, my nails are short and bare, but they're healthy and neatly kept. They're working hands. On the other hand, I know women who come in to work, nails polished and barely want to touch the client for fear of messing up/breaking their nails. Excuse my language, but I don't have time for that shit. If somebody looked at my nails and said, "She must not know what she's doing.....", they would be wrong and missing out on a helluva service.

CandiGirl21

I can beleive that, but cause they're good. I know of a lady, who's nails are horrible, but does GREAT designs.

Lapis

LOL I could have written this about Sally Hansen, I bought this pink it's like hollywood nights for nails, LOVE IT in the bottle, I put it on one hand yesterday never started the second because of dd, my left hand looks like CRAP it's peeling like no body's biz
ssad.gif

ticki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21
Michie, can you please explain to me why some nail techs nails are never in as good of a shape as their customers? lol

The nail salon where I live, these "experts" nails are always terrible.

like michie said, nail techs never have perfect manis because they're constantly using polish remover and other things on their clients' nails. a nail tech with perfect nails is a nail tech who doesn't work hard, if at all.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21
What's peeling Lapis? Sally Hansen?

I'm still wearing "flirt" by Sally Hansen..I love it...

Yup it's ruby sequin by Sally Hansen diamond strength, no chip
th_LMAO.gif

It doesn't chip but it sure does peel
angry.gif