Orange based matte red?

chocoheart

Does anyone know a brand that makes such a lipstick? Mac mostly has blue toned reds and my complexion is very warm so ruby woo is a no go for me, If i find an orange based lippy its usually glossy and i hate that. Any good recs?

Meisje

Lady Danger!

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/171686/mad-men-betty-draper-inspired

Super orangey, super matte.

Mac-Guy

If you don't find the right shade, but like to experiment with pigments, you will find quite a wide selection of MAC "piggies" that allow you to create your own shade. For a matte look, I'd probably use the MAC Matte Mixing Medium and apply a clear matte l/s on top (so it's less drying).

Busttamuv3

If you don't find the right shade, but like to experiment with pigments, you will find quite a wide selection of MAC "piggies" that allow you to create your own shade. For a matte look, I'd probably use the MAC Matte Mixing Medium and apply a clear matte l/s on top (so it's less drying).

Oh great tip! I'm going to try this out. Is the Matte mixing medium only for pigments or can you use it as sort of an anti-shine face primer? I've been looking to invest in this, but only would like to if it has multiple uses.

Ingenue

Illamasqua Ignite is a fabulous Orange-red color, so is La Prairie's Lipstick in Flamme. Kat Von D makes an awesome version called Stiletto as well.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I second the vote for Lady Danger, or So Chaud if you want something that's just a smidgen more orange. Hourglass' Raven is amazing, but it's creamy (not glossy, but there's a definite sheen), so you'd need to blot it to get a fully matte effect.