Parfait Amour

acu

Is Parfait Amour a satin or a frost?

I've always thought that Parfait Amour is a satin (at least it says so on the MAC Australia website) but the sticker on the bottom of the one I got like a month ago says frost. I haven't used much of it yet, and it looks quite like a satin in the pot (might just be the top layer though), and it doesn't blend very well, but when swatched next to Illegal Cargo, I find that it has the same kind of reflective sheen. And the other day when I went out to Sydney Myer, the one on display looks just like any other frost e/s, and glides on like butter (texture slightly better than the one I have).

Did they change the finish or what?

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by acu
Is Parfait Amour a satin or a frost?

I've always thought that Parfait Amour is a satin (at least it says so on the MAC Australia website) but the sticker on the bottom of the one I got like a month ago says frost. I haven't used much of it yet, and it looks quite like a satin in the pot (might just be the top layer though), and it doesn't blend very well, but when swatched next to Illegal Cargo, I find that it has the same kind of reflective sheen. And the other day when I went out to Sydney Myer, the one on display looks just like any other frost e/s, and glides on like butter (texture slightly better than the one I have).

Did they change the finish or what?

The one at the display probably glides on like butter because so many people have swatched it, so the oils from people's fingers have made it more buttery and more pigmented.

I personally don't own Parfair Amour (but I do want it!), so I don't know if it was a swatch change, but I do know that all the eyeshadows on the display are much more pigmented due to everyone touching them.

I also do know that MAC also has been mislabelling some of the finishes lately (according to MUA erine1881!).
smiles.gif
Not sure if that helps you out, but just some info for you to know.
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
The one at the display probably glides on like butter because so many people have swatched it, so the oils from people's fingers have made it more buttery and more pigmented....

So gross and so true.
icon_eek.gif

I bought mine about 3 years ago and it is labeled as a frost. MAC describes the finishes as:

SATIN
Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft subtle non-frost, light-refractive sheen.

FROST
An iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour.

Depending on how you translate the descriptions, it could almost fit into both. I think this is a question for:

GLOBAL CUSTOMER RELATIONS

Global Customer Relations may be able to help you when parter counters (i.e. Nordstrom, Macys), free-standing MAC stores or Live Chat cannot. Global Customer Relations has access to more in-depth info on products, ingredients, and other MAC issues.

This department can be reached via phone at 1-800-387-6707, (choose option #7) between the hours of 9am-5pm (EST) Monday-Thursday and 10am-5pm (EST) Fridays or via email at:
[email protected].

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearnotsomuch
...so maybe its a fratin or a saost?....

I love that. So then by that naming protocol, the crappy, dusty lustres they have been putting out lately are "dustres".

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I love that. So then by that naming protocol, the crappy, dusty lustres they have been putting out lately are "dustres".

LOL I agree!!

On the subject though, I do believe that Parfait Amour is a frost. It gives a nice reflective frosty texture. I personally dislike the color though!
th_dunno.gif

redambition

mine says frost too. I could have sworn that label said satin the last time i looked at it... because i have always thought it was a satin too!
shrugs.gif