• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Peach/Violet Day or Evening Look *pics*

alaylam

Alright, this is my first tutorial. Just got some new swag and thought I'd try it out. My makeup isn't MAC, hope that's OK, it's just your regular drug store variety. So here goes nuthin. The look, the makeup:

TutorialPic15.jpg

TutorialPic0.jpg

Start with your freshly scrubbed, non-makeup wearing, fully moisturized, semi-frightening face. The hair knob on top of the head is optional.

TutorialPic1.jpg

Dab some Revlon Skinlights (01 Natural Light) around your face and blend, I used a sponge.

TutorialPic2.jpg

Apply foundation, I used Covergirl TruBlend whipped foundation (410 Classic Ivory) mixed with a little moisturizer (or else I find it too thick). Blend, I used my fingertips again.

TutorialPic3.jpg

Apply concealer - Covergirl fresh complexion in classic ivory. Blend! Again, fingers. I'm a finger blender girl. Some point along the way I also put some lip balm on.

TutorialPic4.jpg
TutorialPic5.jpg

Ok, let's start on the eyes. I've put some loose powder under them to catch any eyeshadow that falls off. Start by sweeping a peachy coral colour over your entire eyelid.

TutorialPic6.jpg

Use the lighter purple colour and apply it to the lid only.

TutorialPic7.jpg

Use the darker purple colour in a V shape at the outer corner of the eyes, extending slightly into the crease.

TutorialPic8.jpg

Blend together with a neutral beige-y shade. And take that crap off from under your eyes too.

TutorialPic9.jpg

Use a dark purple/burgundy eyeliner across your top lashes. I used Covergirl perfect point plus in plum velvet. I love these eyeliners because they don't need sharpening. Curl the lashes, and apply mascara. I used Covergirl fantastic lash.

TutorialPic10.jpg

I've put a little bit of the darker purple that was used for the V shape on the eyelids underneath the lower lashes as well. Ta da! The eyes are done.

TutorialPic11.jpg

Apply a bronzing powder on the cheeks, forehead and a tiny bit on the chin and nose. Don't overdo it or you'll be too orange. I used L'oreal bronzing powder in enchanting sunrise.

TutorialPic12.jpg

Using a duo-tone blush set (such as Annabelle "immortal coral"), apply the darker shade in the hollow of your cheeks and the lighter shade on the apples, across the nose, and a little bit on the chin.

TutorialPic14.jpg

Lastly, apply some lip gloss! I like neutral lips... but because the eyes aren't really that dark and dramatic I think it'd be OK to use more colour too. I used Covergirl smoothwear liptints in "hint of honey" - I LOVE these lipglosses.

before.jpg
aftercopy.jpg

And there you have it! Nothing fancy really, but it's pretty enough for day or night, and I think the purple shadow looks really great with green eyes.
smiles.gif

Enjoy!

hundove

Thank you!!!!
You look amazing~!!!! I can't say enough on how gorgeous you look! And the colors suit you perfectly. Great tutorial.

SELFstyled

You are the cutest! Very nicely done & it's great that you used "drugstore brands" & got amazing results. Goes to show sometimes it's the technique not the make up hehe.
winks.gif

tottui

wow youre sooooo beautiful!!!.. you remind me of a friend i used to have back in middle school.. she had your same eyes!!...

thanks fot thr tut!!.. very simple yet so pretty!! nice job!!
clap.gif

Katja

Great Tutorial. It was to the point, and the end result is beautiful! You def. need to enter the tut contest.
smiles.gif