Penultimate Liner VS. Fluidline

Rudyru

I use Penultimate to do flicks and lid, and then I use fluidline for more intricate details, like inner corner lining or when I'm lining the bottom lid and in need to bring the lines down to the inside corner/bridge of my nose. Of course...when I need a different colour for lining, I'll use a fluidline.
greengrin.gif

M.A.C. head.

I prefer HiP gel liner. I can't stand fluid line and penultimate is a waste for me as well. It's unfortunate because I want to like them both, but I can't. I wish I could return them.

Susanne

I love Fluidlines by MAC
yes.gif
They have a great range of colour and can be perfectly applied with the 208
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

i LOVE fluidline. Its easy to apply, its creamy, its easy to work with, it doesnt mess up my exsisting makeup, and it pretty much stays on all day.

ashpardesi

gel than penultimate,but my fav is alwayz and alwayz liquid eyeliner!easy and quick application,can be applied as thin or as thick as you want(requires practice though) excellent for creating dramatic eyes
heart.gif

TexasBelle

I didn't vote, because I don't use either. I've never gotten the hang of liquid and gel liners, and they tend to make bolder/wider lines than I really like. I prefer eyeliner pencils
smiles.gif

ClaireAvril

i don't like penultimate.. it doesn't dispense well and its hard to use it over shadows. I loveeee fluidline with the 266 brush.

zzoester

I didn't buy the penultimate so I'm not sure how much my opinion really counts...but I have messed around with it in the store. I love the precision and low maintenance qualities of the pen, but I prefer my liner to be more bold and black so I like fluidline. Also, there is color variety with fluidline. The one downfall about fluidline, IMO, is that is does dry up too soon. Mine usually dries up about 1/3 of the way through the pot. This only happens for blacktrack, though. All of my other colors seem to hold up much better. I think you have more flexibility with fluidline because depending on the look you are going for, you can pick a different brush. I personally prefer the 266 because it's so versatile due to the angled tip, but I know lots of ppl love the 208. So, you have options which is nice.

One of my favorite eyeliner finds has been the Loreal Lineur Intense with the brush tip in Black. It's super duper black, even darker than blacktrack, and it dries to a shiny finish if that's something you are interested in. Downfall is it will sting if you get it in your eye, therefore is DEF not acceptable for the waterline or anywhere near your inner corner, etc.

caffn8me

I love Fluidline but I have one complaint. Fluidline in Blacktrack isn't black enough. I still use M·A·C Creme Liner (which is no longer available) if I want a really dark black.

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I love Fluidline but I have one complaint. Fluidline in Blacktrack isn't black enough. I still use M·A·C Creme Liner (which is no longer available) if I want a really dark black.

Hey, just so you know the creme liner is back!! It's a PRO only item now. I know for sure it's available here in the US, I finally just got my hands on it
smiles.gif
So if you don't have it over there now I'm sure you'll get it soon since it's permanent over here
winks.gif
hth!!

caffn8me

That's great news, thanks! It lasts a long time so I won't need any more for a while but I love using it.

mochabean

As much as I like the penultimate liner, I still prefer the fluidlines. I noticed when I use the penultimate liner, It still smears at the end of the day and I end up getting raccoon eyes. But fluidlines do not melt or smudge for me.

TISH1124

I did not like the penultimate liner at all...I adore my blacktrack...never had one complaint with it...so sticking with what I know works for me

MAC Creme Liner is available at the PRO store or at MACPRO online

stickles

I've been trying to love Penultimate... but it's not really happening for me. I find it hard to get a smooth line over shadows, and it tends to skip a bit. I love the concept, just not the implementation. Back to Fluidlines I go!

alka1

I have a small question about Blacktrack, i'll go ahead and ask it here:

is it waterproof? and is it safe for lining the inner rim of the upper eyelid? what liner do you girls recommend for that part of the eyelid?
smiles.gif

andrrea

I really do not line the Penultimate. I find the tip very cheap, and it makes it difficult to apply. I find it relatively easy to apply on a bare lid, but when I've got shadow on, I find it tugs.

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
and is it safe for lining the inner rim of the upper eyelid? what liner do you girls recommend for that part of the eyelid?
smiles.gif

Pretty much every MAC MUA I've spoken to has said that they do not recommend fluidline for the lower inner rim. Regarding the upper inner rim, do you mean in between your lashes (tightlining) or the "wet" part? I'd assume tightlining would be ok, but the rim no.