People who hate mac or ?

macface

I have been a mac user for a long time and I love it.Also known of lots people who hate mac.I have heard all kinds of things like they use to much makeup,to expensive,workers look like hookers and all guys that work their are gay,racist.I know some of this suff is not true.Iwas just wondering have you ever heard anything like this.
hmm.gif

Jacq-i

I've just head that girls that use MAC wear toooooo much makeup, and that they look like clowns, since they put it on horribly.

But... Those same people haven't even noticed that I wear MAC, and I don't look like a clown, ha!

kimmy

i've heard gripes about it being too expensive...i've even griped about it being too expensive hahaha. but never any of those other things, i guess the ladies and gentlemen at my counter are just amazing.
greengrin.gif

lemurian

To each her own.. MAC has a unique marketing strategy -- you have to expect some criticism when you put yourself out there like they do
smiles.gif

uopgirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macface
I have been a mac user for a long time and I love it.Also known of lots people who hate mac.I have heard all kinds of things like they use to much makeup,to expensive,workers look like hookers and all guys that work their are gay,racist.I know some of this suff is not true.Iwas just wondering have you ever heard anything like this.
hmm.gif

I personally love that they have men as employees. It's rare to find that at any other counter and I find their ideas/suggestions to be invaluable to my shopping experience. =D Plus, people who say they hate MAC because it is expensive is kinda silly...just don't buy it then, but ya don't have to be a hater! =p

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by uopgirlie
I personally love that they have men as employees. It's rare to find that at any other counter and I find their ideas/suggestions to be invaluable to my shopping experience. =D Plus, people who say they hate MAC because it is expensive is kinda silly...just don't buy it then, but ya don't have to be a hater! =p

Yes to that!! ITA!! Well said!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

YvetteJeannine

Anyone that doesn't really 'know' makeup will say MAC is too expenisve (when, in fact, one of the draws to MAC is that it is quite reasonably priced for high-end makeup; especially when you compare MAC's $13.50/eyeshadow to NARS' $20, or Lancome, or Givenchy, or one of 100 brands that are priced twice as much as MAC)....I guess when all you are used to buying is Revlon, you don't really have anything to compare it with (although d/s makeup is getting awfully expensive..I'd rather pay the three or four more dollars extra for MAC
winks.gif
).

The most *amazing* makeup artist I know is a gay male and works for MAC...so what if he's gay...IMO, gay men can be much easier to talk to than a woman...I much prefer it. Anyone that would scrutinze that needs to take a stumble into the San Andreas fault.

Beauty Mark

When Stila had counters, I've seen men working there. I've seen many races at other counters, too. One of the main people I see at my Benefit counter is black.

The reasons you listed, IMO, are silly ones for people to dislike MAC. However, it's perfectly valid not to like a company. Some people prefer a much more natural look (Bobbi Brown), some people have gripes with the company itself or rather, Estee Lauder; the last point is discussed more in the boycott MAC threads, and I'd say those who are partaking in it are making excellent points.

For me, MAC isn't the end all, be all of make up. I like some products, but some I'm not that into. The foundation broke me out completely, and my skin is normal. I prefer variety in the cosmetics I use. Every company has its strengths and weaknesses.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

The people at the counter near me are just rude. but My mac counter when I lived in Seattle was AMAZING! then I move back to so.cal.. and i have once again.. rude girls (and guys)
I only wear mac eyeshadows and lipgloss. the facial products such as powders and such.. are bad for my skin. my Esthetician scolded me for using it. She said eyeshadow was ok, lipgloss no big deal but to stay away from the powders and foundations. I kind of already knew about it not being great for skin. It works for some people.. and not for others.

MAC_Pixie04

I always laugh like hell when people say MAC is expensive. I've found it to be the cheapest of the high end lines, unless someone wants to show me one a little cheaper. Compare 10 dollars to an eyeshadow pan at MAC to 14 for one by Stila or 21 for an encased eyeshadow by NARS, 23 for one by Dior. 10 dollars for MAC mascara, 19 for Benefit Mascaras, 23 and up for Dior. People will always gripe about something. I bitch about MAC foundations and concealers, because I dont like how they try to get around the fact that the majority of them are not oil free nor non-comedogenic. I also hate how reluctant they are to show you the book of ingredients at some counters. I also hate how frequently they release LE items and then snatch them away from us. I'd love to get some permanent shit every once in a while lol. But I'll always have heart for MAC, it was the first makeup brand I ever used, and i probably wouldn't have such a passion for makeup artistry if it hadn't been for my huge interest in MAC products. I've branched out and found a few other brands that I love just as much and more for some of their products in comparison.

People will bitch just to bitch and usually their arguments are weak as hell. I just smile blankly until they stop talking lol

MiCHiE

I think those are just ignorant excuses. I wouldn't even waste my time and breath defending MAC to someone who told me that.

ms.marymac

I was helping a customer once when two drag queens walked in. I said, "Hi Ladies!". When they said hi back, the customer I was helping realized they were men. After a few minutes of her freaking out, I smiled and said, "Welcome to MAC."
lol.gif

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I think those are just ignorant excuses. I wouldn't even waste my time and breath defending MAC to someone who told me that.

Damn right! MAC is here to stay and no lame a$$ bitch can change that!!
thmbup.gif

But I did realize that some people are against MAC because you know... it's not what I call "Made for Idiots" - no funky commercial where they promise you things that wont work out in the end, no cheap chuncky packaging that hurts your eyes, products that can actually change the way you appear... maaaan it must be hard for some ppl to deal with that!

glamdoll

What I've heard from ppl that dont like MAC is that they dont like it for the fact that the quality has gone down ever since it got bought out by the E.L company. Alot of proffesionals are against MAC because MAC get to do fashion week and their employees charge $16 an Hour when other makeup artist can get up to $200 for that same job.
This is my 2cents on this deal.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
What I've heard from ppl that dont like MAC is that they dont like it for the fact that the quality has gone down ever since it got bought out by the E.L company. Alot of proffesionals are against MAC because MAC get to do fashion week and their employees charge $16 an Hour when other makeup artist can get up to $200 for that same job.
This is my 2cents on this deal.

That's valid, IMO. But, to each his own. I'm a consumer and it appeals to me in that way. I'm also in the beauty industry. On that end, chances are if I got into makeup application, MAC would not make up the majority of my kit.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
The people at the counter near me are just rude. but My mac counter when I lived in Seattle was AMAZING! ....

Off topic, but I have so much Seattle pride that I have to gush...Seattle rocks! Best city in the world! OK, back on topic.
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Off topic, but I have so much Seattle pride that I have to gush...Seattle rocks! Best city in the world! OK, back on topic.
smiles.gif

Off topic response to off topic reply-

I LOVED that city. I never should have moved back to California.... EVER.

as_cute_as_pie

i find the people that hate it have never used it
these are the 'drug store' types that walk straight past these counters cos they LOOK expensive
mac have prices on nothing unless u ask or look for the price list so can be off putting
i have to agree with whoever said drug store make up was getting expensive :nod: