Perfect Foundation

SpareMyHeart

So I tired posting this question in another thread but I believe it wasn't the right place to ask so I think my question will be denied by the moderators,so im hoping THIS is the right place to ask. :confused:

So my question is,i've recently been using MAC studio fix foundation but no matter how much I exfoliate or how little foundation I put on my face still feels and looks all cakey,its terrible
ssad.gif
.You see I have a real bad problem with acne scars due to the acne I had in my earlier teens and with the occasional bad breakouts I get ever so often(mainly when its that time of the month)I really need a foundation that has maximum coverage.
I have oily skin,which can get pretty bad at times so when I would use my foundation my skin would feel like it was litterally sucking it all up so in the end of the day my foundation would be 95% gone.

This is really starting to take a toll on me,like im taking extra time to get ready in the morning(which the bf really hates)and im just feeling really self concious about my face.

So im wondering if anyone can recommend me a decent foundation and/or concealer I could use to hide my imperfections?I'd prefer(if it even exsists..)something low buget but if thats just too impossible then feel free to name some higher buget brands.

SRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST!!

Thanks in advance!!

Simply Elegant

Estee Lauder's Double Wear is supposed to be amazing for full coverage for oily skin, although I've never tried it. Makeup Forever also makes some very good concealers too. I have one and it doesn't make me break out.

maxipoodle1

chanels double perfection powder is really good, and MAC's Studio fix Fluid is very good i am using it now and i like it alot!!!The finis is matte and i also have very oily skin and like you i have acne scars, and this covers pretty good, but i think that if you need more coverage i suggest dermablends cover creme which is extreme coverage!!!i recommend it alot!!

SpareMyHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipoodle1
chanels double perfection powder is really good, and MAC's Studio fix Fluid is very good i am using it now and i like it alot!!!The finis is matte and i also have very oily skin and like you i have acne scars, and this covers pretty good, but i think that if you need more coverage i suggest dermablends cover creme which is extreme coverage!!!i recommend it alot!!

Can you only purchase dermablends online or do they have a free standing store?

lara

Dermablend and Dermacolour are available for good chemists, beauty/make-up supply stores and through dermatologists offices.

kimmy

i have pretty oily skin and i use MAC Studio Fix Fluid...my skin is pretty smooth though so i think it yeilds maximum results on my skin, it's definately my HG foundation! you might ask for a sample of it at your MAC store/counter and try it on to see if you like it.

http://www.sheercover.com Sheer Cover is supposed to be really good for all skin types. since it's a powder, it shouldn't get absorbed as much by your skin. it's also supposed to provide sheer to full coverage. i can't personally attest to any of these, but i've heard alot of great things about it!

you might also want to try a pore minimizer so your pores won't soak up so much foundation. i think Clinique has a pretty fabulous one
smiles.gif

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipoodle1

i used to use chanels double perfection. it was the best. until i didnt have an extra $50 in my pocket to go buy some more. lol.. i suggest lancome photogenic foundation, then dusting mac studiofix over it. thats what i do. love it.
thmbup.gif

MarniMac

Something I found for myself about studio fix fluid...I dot it on one part of my face and then blend immediately. For example, I dot it all over my left cheek and then take my 187 brush and blend it in. Then dot my right cheek and blend, and keep going till I've done my whole face. It seems to help with the "cakey" look problem I had with it also. I use the loose powder (select sheer) very lightly to set it, then I spray with Studio fix+. This routine really has helped give me a flawless face with great coverage. I hope that helps you!

ilovexnerdsx

if it's getting cakey, try using a non-oil-based mousturizer before you apply it. see if that helps. my skin is combination, and my miracle foundation is studio tech. just an idea...maybe you could mousturize, apply a thin layer of powder (to absorb excess mousture and oil) then studio tech? haven't tried this, but it sounds like a good idea, lol
smiles.gif

User67

Have you ever tried the Fix+ spray? This is one of my favorite new products. If you spray it on your face after your apply the Studiofix, it will make it sink right into your skin & look flawless, it will take any cakiness away. It makes you look luminous, but not greasy. I also have oily skin, but had problems with Studiofix looking cakey around my nose area. The Fix+ spray will make a huge difference though!

gingerbelle

I'm really oily too, and while I don't have bad acne scars, I do have some unevenness and discoloration that I like to cover up. My two HGs are Revlon Colorstay with Soflex for Oily Skin and Prescriptives Virtual Matte. They are the only foundations that last all day on me and give flawless coverage. To be honest I find them to be prety equal in quality, although I do give Prescriptives the edge at staying matte, and they give me a better color match.

I'm a diehard MAC fan, but their foundations and I do not get along at all.