Perfect pink lipstick

l1onqueen

Hey brown(er) beauties,

I am searching for the perfect pink lipstick. I dont own a single MAC lippie, and want to build my collection. I would love an everyday pink. Something I could wear all the time. Not to bright, not to pale, just perfect for my NC45 self.

Any suggestions?
TIA

ExquizitDiva

Hmmm great question! I'm looking for one too. I wear Girl About Town but its not an ED color.. all my other nude lippies are brownish.

xoleaxo

i have a really hard time with pinks, too.. i think it's my weird tan/yellow skin lol. i really like 3N, it was LE though. that's the only pink i have so far. i've tried others (angel, snob, sandy b, b-babe) and they are all let downs.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
Hey brown(er) beauties,

I am searching for the perfect pink lipstick. I dont own a single MAC lippie, and want to build my collection. I would love an everyday pink. Something I could wear all the time. Not to bright, not to pale, just perfect for my NC45 self.

Any suggestions?
TIA

what colour is your skin undertone?

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
i have a really hard time with pinks, too.. i think it's my weird tan/yellow skin lol. i really like 3N, it was LE though. that's the only pink i have so far. i've tried others (angel, snob, sandy b, b-babe) and they are all let downs.

WOW! Those were all on my swatch list. I may need to check out another brand. I normally wear nudes, but my bestie pointed out my 4 brown lipliners, 4 brown lipglasses, and at least 5 brown/gold eyeshadows, so I guess I need to switch it up.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
lots of yellow

in theory, u want a blue based pink...
yellow is opposite blue on a colour wheel and supposed to be complimentary

dreamer246

Quote:
lots of yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty

in theory, u want a blue based pink...
yellow is opposite blue on a colour wheel and supposed to be complimentary

I'm around NC35, but I have pink undertones. I find that cool-toned lippies look much better on me, so maybe you might prefer warm-toned lippies? I think the most important thing is to try it on your lips at the counter before buying, if possible, because lipsticks are fickle creatures and they appear different on everyone. You wanted an everyday color, so I'm not gonna suggest something too dramatic.

Muaves: Syrup, Hot Gossip

Blue-pinks: Lovelorn, Speed Dial

Brown-pinks: Cosmo, Faux, Brave

Yellow-pink: FanFare

Deeper pinks: Lustering, Sweetie