Photoshoot with my mom - for my dad's Xmas present

aeni

AnnieMomala1.jpg

Tell me what you think. Criticize the hell out of it. Extra bonus points to you if you know what photo this copies.

My dad has asked me for the past year and more for a "nice photo" of my mom and I together. With my Art History knowledge, I wanted tons of symbolism and allegories, etc but there was no time to dress a set and dress my mom and myself all by myself. Besides, he may not have liked it. So, this is downsized and we're both looking into the camera and smiling. Something a 55 yro dad can be happy with.

On the plus side, I bought a nice 1955 wedding dress for $75!

MAC_Whore

Very pretty and beautiful dress. That is such a great photo! Now I am dying to know what picture it mimics. Great present for your dad.

Lalli

^^ooo wot film was that.. its her mummy isnt it?? lol

u look adorable! and ur mum is gorjus!!

kaliraksha

very pretty! you are both very lovely classy ladies and im sure your dad will love it... what kind of frame are you putting it in?

aeni

depends on the final product. my bf loves to mess around with layers in ps.

it'll be a "manly" frame. as one of my framing friends calls it "thick and woody". and that's just really really bad.

i just have to decide btwn 9x12 or 11x14.

mzcelaneous

Wow, that is a beautiful photo with 2 beautiful women
smiles.gif
I'd have your bf adjust the curves a bit since the overall tones is a bit bland. Otherwise, the subjects, composition, & colors are great.

ETA:

I had CS2 opened up already, so I hope you don't mind. It's a great photo, don't get me wrong, but you can play it up (or down) to your liking. I've created some examples.

aeni

Thanks for the advice on the curves. And now I feel like I can reveal it now: this is 2 different photos merged into 1!

IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
Thanks for the advice on the curves. And now I feel like I can reveal it now: this is 2 different photos merged into 1!

Whoa. I was wondering why the lighting was a bit different
hmm.gif
Whoever merged it did quite well though
clap.gif

aeni

My boyfriend did it for me. I got to watch and be amazed by his talents. I'm happy you noticed too though.