Pic of my hair...what color should I pick?

Orchid_28

So I finally got the color I wanted! before it was a really bright red because I was scared that if I went darker my hair would turn black but I guess I was wrong. It turned out perfect...very similar to Hyori's hair color here yay!

BEFORE old pic:
candicespictures014-2.jpg

Possible hair colors:
I really like Lee Hyori's hair color here...would it be too red for my skin?
hair2-1.jpg

AFTER:
Mypictures001.jpg

Mypictures002.jpg

kariii

I like your dark hair. I guess I'm biased since I'm huge fan of darkbrown/black hair.

Hikaru-chan

By the sound of it you have a yellow undertone to you skin so the reds and coppers should suit you.
Are you having it done at a salon?
I highly reccomend that you do even if it's just the one off as they will be able to get a perfect match taking your coloring into consideration, there's a perfect tone of red for everyone it's just finding it.
I really would reccomend you stop trying to fade the black with lemon juice and sunlight as this will dry your hair out and red doesn't stick as well on dry or damaged hair, use a clarifying shampoo to help fade it.
Cause your hair is dyed black (level 1) and you want it a lighter color (probably a level 6) they will have to use bleach at some point (color does not lift color), they may use a soap cap or just a direct bleach, however they will not be bleaching to get to blonde but rather to just remove the black pigment so that they can deposit the red.

Orchid_28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
By the sound of it you have a yellow undertone to you skin so the reds and coppers should suit you.
Are you having it done at a salon?
I highly reccomend that you do even if it's just the one off as they will be able to get a perfect match taking your coloring into consideration, there's a perfect tone of red for everyone it's just finding it.
I really would reccomend you stop trying to fade the black with lemon juice and sunlight as this will dry your hair out and red doesn't stick as well on dry or damaged hair, use a clarifying shampoo to help fade it.
Cause your hair is dyed black (level 1) and you want it a lighter color (probably a level 6) they will have to use bleach at some point (color does not lift color), they may use a soap cap or just a direct bleach, however they will not be bleaching to get to blonde but rather to just remove the black pigment so that they can deposit the red.

Yeah Im going to stop using the whole lemon sun method. I can see my black is slowly fading away and is just gonna wait until my hair grows longer and then color it. All i know is that Im not going to dye my hair black ever again! its so hard to remove it.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_28
Yeah Im going to stop using the whole lemon sun method. I can see my black is slowly fading away and is just gonna wait until my hair grows longer and then color it. All i know is that Im not going to dye my hair black ever again! its so hard to remove it.

I've tought of dying my hair black and I then remember the one time I had it very close to jet black and how long it took to get it out and it puts me off, even the semi-permanent last and last and don't wash out.
Your gonna love the red anyways, pain in the ass to maintain but so worth it.
Sulfate-free shampoo's are gonna be your best friend while your hair's red.

Orchid_28

^yeah no more black for me. My hair is naturally black i just wanted it to look shinier and black lol but I guess I can find other methods like a gloss or something to give it that effect. But I'd like to go back to experimenting with different colors like red and brown. I think I will get the first color after my black fades and I will give everyone an update! thanks!

brianjenny17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariii
I like your dark hair. I guess I'm biased since I'm huge fan of darkbrown/black hair.

iagree.gif
i love dark hair, but im sure anything would look good

KAIA

First option. Also, if you are scared that it might be too red or something, try first with a little darker red, so the transition of being a brunette and a redhead won't be too harsh.

I used to have black hair, then i dye it dark brown, right now my hair is brown reddish hue, which suits me pretty good, and this week I'm going to be a readhead lol.

Show us pics to see your hair! ♥

MrsRjizzle

I like your dark hair best but if you must go lighter.. then I would choose Lee Hyori's hair color. Im sure either would be gorgeous on you though!

Orchid_28

Thanks ladies! SOOO I finally got rid of my black hair! YAY. I used Loreal color fix the box with the 80's looking models on it. It turned my hair an ugly orange gold color. I was wondering if it is safe to color my hair red? Im just scared because when I used Color Ooops and colored my hair a chocolate brown...it turned back to black!