Piece-y/Messy Looking Hair

Armyofonetiger

Hi Guys!

Looking for a product to make my thick, medium length hair more piece-y or messy looking. Right now I have shorter layers through the crown and bangs past my eyebrows. Any recs for a drugstore or High-end product?

Thanks.

~Coco~

Have you tried Jonathans Silky Dirt? It works great for that! Also Bumble & Bumble carries a product called Styling Wax it comes in a silver tin...I LOVE THIS ONE!! Highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyofonetiger
Hi Guys!

Looking for a product to make my thick, medium length hair more piece-y or messy looking. Right now I have shorter layers through the crown and bangs past my eyebrows. Any recs for a drugstore or High-end product?

Thanks.

stephbunny

i agree with Jonathan's "Dirt" product--it's available at sephora!
love it. it makes my thick hair separate, but washes out easily and isn't greasy.

jenii

I have really thick hair, so my sister layered the hell out of it by razor-cutting it (razor makes it more piecy). To style it, I mist a little hairspray over all of it, let it dry for about 60 seconds, then flat iron it. It gets very piecy and chunky when I do that, and it ends up taking all of three minutes.
greengrin.gif

ETA: The hairspray I use is Joico Ice Blast. It's great, because it holds really well, and it doesn't smell as bad as other hairsprays.

user79

I like Sebastian Molding Mud pomade and sort of messing it through the ends of my hair after I flat iron it. Then I flip my head upside down and spray a light-hold hairspray in it while tossing my hair. Flip back around and just kind of pull the hair into place. Don't comb it at the end, that will destroy the textured look you've just created. Having layers is key to getting good texture.