Pigment Recommendation

Hello everyone.

Believe it or not I haven't bought any pigments from MAC yet. I've been eyeing them for a while but I'm really confused. Plus, I don't want to buy something that I would not wear and then get stuck with a whole container of pigments. The MAC MAs here used to give samples, though for some reason they haven't been doing so lately. I don't mind buying the whole container, but I want to buy something I'd use.

So, can someone please recommend me a few good ones. I am NW30/35 with dark brown eyes and hair. I'm planning to buy 3-4 pigments the next time I go to MAC.

capspock

My advice? Stick to e/s. Unless you are a makeup artist or a die hard MAC collector. I sold most of my pigments because I barely used them. I kept only 5. I could keep only 2: Deep Brown pro matte and Vanilla, because they are really versatile. And I think they will last me my whole life.

MAC is love

Vanilla serves as a great highlight. You can use it in a lot of different ways though. Just pick out a color you like, & test in your hand. That should give you a clue as to what you might like.
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

While I absolutely love pigments, many do not. However, if I were you, I would see what colors look the best on you (go on what eyeshadow colors you have the most of)...then pick pigments according to that. At least you know those colors will be something you will get use of...then if you get brave...branch out.

foxyqt

i looove Violet pigment! its SO pretty.. i also really like Old Gold, Pink Bronze {makes a great blush!} and Vanilla {for highlighting}

while you're at the store try swatching Teal, Rose, Copper Sparkle, Entremauve, Golden Olive or Fuchsia.. the choices are overwhelming but take your time and decide which one of those colors you're gonna wear the most =)

jenii

I love pigments!! Definitely get Vanilla, it's so useful! I love it as a highlight, but it's also fantastic if you mix it with fix+ and spray it on to set your makeup. Gives you a pretty glow, but I only use it if I've used all matte stuff on my face. Don't wanna overdo it, after all!

kimmy

i'd suggest checking out the sales bin here at specktra, alot of users are willing to sell pigment samples for two or three dollars each. that way you can play around more with colours and you don't have to worry about having an entire container that you won't use.
winks.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i'd suggest checking out the sales bin here at specktra, alot of users are willing to sell pigment samples for two or three dollars each. that way you can play around more with colours and you don't have to worry about having an entire container that you won't use.
winks.gif

I think this is an excellent idea. That way, you can get the "hang" of pigments(application can be tricky, especially if you're not used to wearing loose-powder shadows). You can also get a feel for what colors you'd really use.
Be warned, though: Once you get started, you may be hooked for life.
The pigments can be a little tricky to apply, but they shimmer like absolutely nothing else, and come in some of the most unique and gorgeous colors on this planet. It won't take you long to see what all the excitement's about!

me_jelly

I have the same skintone/features - I LOVE pigments, they are so versatile and have much better pigmentation than eyeshadows - In fact, I pretty much almost use pigments exclusively now to do my eye looks.

I'd definitely recommend the following: vanilla, golden olive, chocolate brown, and melon - I think these are the must have shades for nc35/brown hair and eyes