Pigments are amazing on the cheeks...

sallytheragdol

I love using Vanilla on my cheeks, gives a pretty much colorless glow, so it works well over matte blushes, and Lovely Lily(my new favorite cheek color) gives a cool pink glow, it's not much color but it's just enough on my already pretty rosy cheeks. The glow these two impart almost reminds me of a MSF, I guess because the texture of these particular pigments are very fine and smooth. Which pigments have you tried and liked on your cheeks?

crystalpenguin13

i've heard pink opal looks similar to pleasureflush on the cheeks-i don't own pleasureflush, but pink opal sure is purty
smiles.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalpenguin13
i've heard pink opal looks similar to pleasureflush on the cheeks-i don't own pleasureflush, but pink opal sure is purty
smiles.gif

swatch.jpg

I compared the two, and pleasure flush has gold in it, and pink opal is a bit more vibrant and a has a little bit of violet in it, but I think it will be a lovely blusher!!!

martygreene

I mix vanilla or white gold with matte foundations to give a slight glow without the sticky dewyness some foundations have.

I've also used a wide variety of pigments in with blushes or bronzers, I prefer to stick to matte products and add sheen if I want to, rather than having products with sheen worked into them already.

Not to derail the thread, but if you mix seedy pearl eyeshadow with vanilla pigment, it's a dead ringer for Pleasureflush.

Katgirl625

Not to rub in the new stuff, but in the class last night, the m/a's used both Lily White and Apricot pink on cheecks as highlighters, and they looked fab.

Parishoon

i've mixed white gold w/ my BE & did an all over highlight, it was such a nice subtle shine & not quite as bold as bronzer...i might have to try mixing some b/c i missed out on the MSF craze

Sophia84

Do you think Tan would be too much for a NC20 on cheeks? I wonder if it gives a peachy shade!

sallytheragdol

oooh I forgot to also say, a bit of pink opal or Vanilla mixed with moisturizer(I actually premixed a small jar of each because I love them) looks lovely on the skin as a highlighter/strobe cream type idea.
And yes Pink Opal is another one I forgot to mention as looking gorgeous on the cheeks. I've tried Rose Kitchmas, and Melon as well but neither has that super fine texture that gives a glow, they are more of a chunky shimmer, which doesn't look great on my skin(but might look good on a smooth, perfect skin texture).

gitargirl

Dude, nobody mentioned MAC's PRO Electric Coral? This is a great shade, like an amped up Stereo Rose MSF! I especially love it as a gloss. Golden Lemon is a beautiful highlight if your skintone is warm enough and violet pig+vanilla= beautiful violet-gold irridescence!

2nd the fairylite, or naked or provence, just above the apples of your cheeks blended to your hairline.

AriannaErin

My favorites for cheeks is Rose, Melon and Pink Bronze.. actually I like those for lippies too.... so pretty for all features
winks.gif
my favs
greengrin.gif

yam900

I am torn between Tan and Pink Bronze pigments to use on my cheeks, has anyone got both, and which looks nicer? I am torn.
ssad.gif