• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Pink Indigot MetalX + Blaaack =]

Zoffe

I did another tutorial =]
I loved this look but the last pictures are not the best... Anyway:

I already did my foundation. This is what I look like
winks.gif
With my hair pulled back that is :p I like to do that when I do my makeup to avoid my bangs getting in my eyes
winks.gif

1-2.jpg

Start by applying a base for your eyeshadow. I *LOVE* ArtDeco "Eyeshadow base"
2-2.jpg

Apply it with your finger or a brush if you prefer. Something like a concealer brush would work
smiles.gif

3-2.jpg

You have to wait a couple of minutes for this base to dry. I like to apply some lip balm, make a weird face and take a picture while waiting :p Lip balm is important weather you are going to use other lip products later or not.
4-2.jpg

Uhh, you're going to use the Pink Indigot cream e/s
greengrin.gif
It's sooo pretty
smiles.gif

Use a stiff eyeshadow brush. This reminds me a bit of a concealer brush but a bit thicker. You can try to warm the brush with a blow dryer before putting it into the shadow, that'll make it easier
smiles.gif

5-2.jpg

Apply it on your inner eyelid.
The cream shadow is going to be a base for another e/s in this look so you don't have to worry to much about how it looks right now.
6-2.jpg

Next is blacktrack f/l.
7-2.jpg

Using the same brush as you did for the cream e/s apply Blacktrack to the lid where you didn't use Pink Indigot. You're gonna put some black e/s over that so you don't have to worry to much about how it looks. It'll make the blending later easier if you blend the harsh lines a bit now though
smiles.gif

8-2.jpg

Choose your favourite browbone highlight. This is Vanilla pigment because I love it and the gold in it is great for this look
smiles.gif

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii56/Zoffedk/9-2.jpg[/IMG
Apply it with a big, fluffy brush [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif I use this one from Smashbox.

10-2.jpg

Take a matte, black eyeshadow. This black is from a Rimmel quad called "Smokey Noir".

11-2.jpg

Apply where you used the black base.

12-2.jpg

And blend in above the pink.
13-2.jpg

Now, take a gold-ish pink eyeshadow. I used GOSH "Rose gold" effect powder. Goooorgeous :p
14-2.jpg

Use this color to blend the black with the highlight like this :p :

15-2.jpg

Aaaaand apply it where you used Pink Indigot
smiles.gif

16-2.jpg

Next is "Helium" pigment + home made mixing medium* + small crease brush
17-2.jpg

I apply it on the inner corners of my eyes
smiles.gif

18-2.jpg

Back to the black eyeshadow. I used the MAC 239 brush (don't know why I didn't use that before, haha :p ). I apply the color to the outer corner of my eye where I want a solid, matte, black color.
19-2.jpg

It should look something like this:
20-2.jpg

Next is blacktrack f/l again.

21-2.jpg

Oh, take a (blurry
greengrin.gif
) picture of your boyfriend because he's there and he's laughing at you for taking pictures of yourself doing makeup :p
22-martin.jpg

Anyway, back to the fluidline
smiles.gif
Use a thin line brush (or an angled liner brush if you prefer) and line your upper lashline
smiles.gif

23-2.jpg

It should look something like this now:
24-2.jpg

Now to the brows
greengrin.gif
I use an eyeshadow because I think that's easier. Use a shade close to your hair color. A bit lighter if you have dark hair and a bit darker if you have light hair. I use the dark reddish brown from the GOSH "Goldfinger" quad.
25-2.jpg

I use an angled brush:
26-2.jpg

Contour
oh.gif
Emote blush
smiles.gif

27-2.jpg

Apply below your cheekbones and under your chin
28-2.jpg

Blush/highlight
smiles.gif
I use GOSH "Rose gold" effect powder.
29-2.jpg

I apply it to the apples of my cheeks and blend it up/out
smiles.gif

30-2.jpg

For the lips I used Rimmel "018 Addiction" lip liner and GOSH "Pink Metal" metal lips gloss
31-1.jpg

I apply the lip liner and blend it a bit with my finger (in - not out). Then I use a lip brush to apply the gloss

32-2.jpg

Mascaraaa... I used Dior "Diorshow Blackout"
33-2.jpg

And I'm done
greengrin.gif

done1-1.jpg

Done2-1.jpg

doneeyes.jpg

(^^Before mascara, haha)
done3-1.jpg

Take a picture of you looking stupid and your boyfriend looking cute xD
done-martin.jpg

I used:
Face:
GOSH Foundation Primer (GET IT!
greengrin.gif
)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (Too dark so I'm looking for a new...)
Maybelline Pure Powder

Eyes:
ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base
MAC "Pink Indigot" Cream e/s
MAC "Blacktrack" f/l
Rimmel black e/s from "Smokey Noir" quad
GOSH "Rose Gold" effect powder
MAC "Vanilla" pigment
MAC "Helium" pigment

Cheeks:
GOSH "Rose Gold" effect powder
MAC "Emote" blush

Lips:
Rimmel "018 Addiction" lip liner
GOSH "Pink Metal" metal lips lip gloss

*My home made mixing medium is made from 1 part glycerin and 3 parts water. (don't make too much. You don't need a lot and it will go bad if you don't use it)

Constructive criticism on the tutorial and look in general is very welcome
smiles.gif

Jot

Fantastic, you look great and really good tut. Can't wait to get my hands on pink indigot (santa is bringing it
smiles.gif
)

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
awwwwww this is soooo pretty and youre gorgeous!
<333

Thank you =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot
Fantastic, you look great and really good tut. Can't wait to get my hands on pink indigot (santa is bringing it
smiles.gif
)

Thank you
smiles.gif

Oh, I LOVE Pink Indigot! The other MetalX shadows look really good too but I could only get one /:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Oh, I like this tutorial. Lots of detail and very creative.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joslyn
pretty! thanks.

Thank you
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
very neat idea!

Thanks
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by delidee32
you're adorable.... Love the tutorial. Thanks for posting.
th_wink3.gif

Hehe, thank you
greengrin.gif
And you're welcome
smiles.gif

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathless
i LOVE this tutorial. its a great going out look <3

Thank you, I'm so glad you like it
greengrin.gif

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Newbie
Very pretty! I wish I could get my hands on Artdeco stuff!!
ssad.gif

I think they have some really good stuff and most of it is pretty cheap for what you get
smiles.gif
But if you live in the states it would probably get really expencive because of shipping /:

dizzygoo82

they sell some artdeco stuff at walgreens...which is in the states...maybe that'll help someone who's lookin for it
smiles.gif

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygoo82
they sell some artdeco stuff at walgreens...which is in the states...maybe that'll help someone who's lookin for it
smiles.gif

That's great, thank you
smiles.gif
I've had a lot of questions about ArtDeco =]

lethaldesign

Very pretty! This is almost exactly the kind of tutorial I was looking for right now... I'm going to try it out tomorrow for NYE, using a darker pink though.

Thanks for a great detailed tutorial
winks.gif

BTW... I really love the looks of these Gosh effects powders. I checked out the website & the swatches on there are pretty lame. Do you have any swatches you could send me? Please PM me, thanks
smiles.gif

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
very pretty, too bad pink looks bad on me
ssad.gif

All pinks? :O What about a lighter or darker one? I can hardly imagine they all look bad
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
very very pretty

Thank you
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Very pretty! This is almost exactly the kind of tutorial I was looking for right now... I'm going to try it out tomorrow for NYE, using a darker pink though.

Thanks for a great detailed tutorial
winks.gif

BTW... I really love the looks of these Gosh effects powders. I checked out the website & the swatches on there are pretty lame. Do you have any swatches you could send me? Please PM me, thanks
smiles.gif

Thank you so much!!
smiles.gif

I think I have 8 of the effect powders... I can swatch them for you in a couple of hours... If you want swatches of any of the others let me know and I'll go to the store and get swatches for you
smiles.gif