Pink l/s for NC45&50 girls.

sa'raimilan

Hi girls,
I am in between NC45 & NC50, for the summer time I really love soft pink lips with nude eyes. The problem I am having is finding cool pinks that don't make my lips look ashy or chalky. Right now the only MAC pink I own is in Impassioned which is a vibrant amplified Hot pink which I adore.
Below are a list of cool pinks but I have not tried them. Any other suggestions! And if yu have tried these pinks what's your opinion on them. Thanks ladies!
  • snob
  • angel
  • pink plaid
  • Lagy Gaga shade

I also own a pink l/s in Dream and its a frost, i love this pink and honestly i like to where it alone. I got this in Dec 09 with the holiday collection. I think it was called Mischeif collection or something like that and it came w/ Baby Spark Dazzleglass a lip liner but i can't remember the name.

sa'raimilan

I love the video! Your make-up looked great and you have a beautiful compexion. The three things that caught my attention was Show Orchid, Pink Germain and of course the Current lip liner. I plan to stop by the make counter, so thanks to you they are on my MAC wishlist. Thank you sweetie
winks.gif

bobbiedoll03

Pink lips are my favorite! I am planning to do a pink lip video on youtube very soon. I will make sure to post here.

anywho, my favorites are :

Mac Lickable (this is my signature lip) I top it with mac pink poodle lipglass which is a beautiful pink all by itself.

I also love MAC creme de la feme but you need to make sure to top it off with something that is a lil on the more darker pink tone as it is a frost.

angel is very light on me so i never quite liked that one and snob makes me look dead.

Here is a pic of me with MAC lickable and pink poodle on top, lined with mac currant.

sa'raimilan

I've been told that snob makes darker skinetones look zombish lol but I will look into the mac lickable and current lipliner in on my wishlist. I liked how you paired them together. They look wonderful on you.

makeba

I am recently getting into pink lipsticks now but at first It was hard to decide what color in the pink family would work. Here is what works!
Syrup with Plum lipliner
Phlox with Plum Lipliner
Creme de Femme with Currant lipliner

Fiberluver

Right now I am loving:

Lazy Day l/s with Easy Lounger l/g and Plum l/p
Pink Nouveau l/s with Baby Sparks l/g and Currant l/p
Saint Germain l/s with Viva Glam VI SE l/g and Plum l/p
Creme de Femme w/Currant l/p (currant, nightmoth, vino - all work) I use a clear gloss on top
Viva Glam VI is a beautiful pink - both gloss and l/s
Petals/Peacocks
Show Orchard

Nat

sa'raimilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
Right now I am loving:

Lazy Day l/s with Easy Lounger l/g and Plum l/p
Pink Nouveau l/s with Baby Sparks l/g and Currant l/p
Saint Germain l/s with Viva Glam VI SE l/g and Plum l/p
Creme de Femme w/Currant l/p (currant, nightmoth, vino - all work) I use a clear gloss on top
Viva Glam VI is a beautiful pink - both gloss and l/s
Petals/Peacocks
Show Orchard

Nat

I 've been wanting pink nouveau for awhile now. Guess it's time for me to invest in more lip liners lol but thank you this was really helpful. I have somethings for Back2Mac so I can get two new pink lippies while I'm there and grab Currant & Plum l/p.

Thank you!

Nelly711

I have not tried any of the lipsticks that you stated, but I'd imagine that they wouldn't look that great on darker skin tones unless you used them with a liner and/or gloss. I do however have some pinks that I feel would suit darker skin tones. Some of the ones that I like:

Syrup
Sweetie
Modesty w/Babysparks d/g on top
Phlox LE
Bubblegum LE
Viva Glam VI SE
Laugh a Lot LE
Maybelline Color Sensational in Pink Quartz - This color is actually very pretty. It is a pink infused with gold.

Fiberluver

Since I posted last, I'm also loving Saint Germain with either Currant or Vino lip liners.

The MAC mua's have been hooking up Saint Germain with Beet - pretty but not for me.

I've been using glosses such as Bountiful Plushglass and Stop! Look Dazzleglass (discontinued) with this look. I love it. The liner really changes the look of Saint Germain - it turns something already lovely into a thing of beauty!

Nat

destine2grow

I am loving Revlon pink pop lipgoss
Black Radiance has one called Diva
NYX Narcissus (Narcissus is a dupe for Mac Saint Germaine)

DaniCakes

I have Saint Germain and I rarely use it. You definitely have to change the color with a liner if you don't want to look like lil kim lol. I have a few pink lipsticks/gloss. I wear cultured, viva glam 6 lipgloss, mac cremesheen in deelight (very soft pink), girl about town (loves it 2 much), show orchid, pinkarat, and a few more I can't think of at the moment. Saint Germain looked okay on a few of my friends, but they are much lighter than me. Maybe around NC42-44ish. It definitely depends on how pigmented your lips are too. The pinker the lip, the better.

sa'raimilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destine2grow
I am loving Revlon pink pop lipgoss
Black Radiance has one called Diva
NYX Narcissus (Narcissus is a dupe for Mac Saint Germaine)

I do have the NYX Narcissus i have to say it does nothing for me at all alone but with the right liner and gloss it looks lovely.

I think I will have to check out the other brands, i love revlon.

sa'raimilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes
I have Saint Germain and I rarely use it. You definitely have to change the color with a liner if you don't want to look like lil kim lol. I have a few pink lipsticks/gloss. I wear cultured, viva glam 6 lipgloss, mac cremesheen in deelight (very soft pink), girl about town (loves it 2 much), show orchid, pinkarat, and a few more I can't think of at the moment. Saint Germain looked okay on a few of my friends, but they are much lighter than me. Maybe around NC42-44ish. It definitely depends on how pigmented your lips are too. The pinker the lip, the better.

Lol I have a dupe of Saint Germain and its NYX in Narcissus and I must say to make the color work you have to really work with it. So Saint Germain will probably not be on my must have list. I want a pink that I can put on and just go. I hear so many rave about Girl About Town. Many NC45&NC50ish girls say its a holy grail pink lippie so its on my wishlist and another one is Show Orchid I hear its wonderful. I really wanted Petals & Peacocks from the Give Me Liberty of London collection. My friend has it and it looks great on me.

shontay07108

Angel was all wrong on me. Gaga is workable with a gloss or really light application. You can pat it on. You can also look into naked by Urban Decay. It comes out pink on me.

sa'raimilan

I want Gaga because its extremely popular but I hear its not that hot for darker skin. I'm not that dark but some pinks look horrible on me especially, blue toned pinks. I tried Angel and Snob and they were not something I would buy. Maybe just for clients who are lighter but not for my complexion or collection lol. I'm just not into pairing things with liners, just too lazy for that.

La Dolce Diva

Don't let them sway you from the Gaga! I sell more Gaga to brown chicks than anyone; it's very wearable. I like it with Chestnut or Nightmoth!!!!!!

Also, Pink Nouveaux is fabulous!!!!!!

sa'raimilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Dolce Diva
Don't let them sway you from the Gaga! I sell more Gaga to brown chicks than anyone; it's very wearable. I like it with Chestnut or Nightmoth!!!!!!

Also, Pink Nouveaux is fabulous!!!!!!

Yeah I been watching reviews for WOC that love Gaga l/s. Honestly I'm not that dark more on the caramel side and I've seen chocolate girls rock GaGa and look fab. Pink Noveau I have tried but has done nothing for me so I guess I need to play around with it.