Pink on Blonde

blondemafia76

Just call me.. Jem... Im truly outrageous.

So a while back I posted a tut on how I got my hair so white. About a week ago, I did some pink underneath my layers.. I am so in looove with it.

But I almost did the unthinkable... I almost went brunette on top.. I even bought the stuff... and then I couldnt do it.. Im just... a blonde... Hell, even my 4 wheeler is personalized... "BlondeMafia" is on it.. (btw.. its wicked.. white, with glitter and pink racks.. people think Im wayy to girly on it.. until they see me do a wheelie in the mud, make up never smears.. I'll post pics when it comes back from the shop, Im having pink led's put in it and some other painting work done.. but I digress...)

I couldnt do it.. I couldnt go brown. I looove brown hair, on other people. Its just not for me.

But we finally got a new camera, since our other one was stolen the other day, and took pics of my hair..

Please... excuse the ginormous pimple and what seems to be a double chin. This is after a loooong day and the hair is.. ugh, but you can see the color!!

Makeup036.jpg

Makeup037.jpg

Other people either love it, or hate it, but I love it. I have been doing weird things with my hair since before manic panic, and you had to use koolaide to do it.. HAHA.. I have just not done it in years. I love it!!

Zoffe

I would steal your hair if I could
greengrin.gif

Blonde + pink = hoooooot!
I miss my blonde hair :p

jennifer.

i love love love pink & blonde together and i wish i could pull it off! i essentially have the same look except straight and blonde underneath and black on top and i wish i could dye the blonde part pink!
ssad.gif

and your 4 wheeler sounds bad ass!

pianohno

I could never, ever go brown - blonde's really do have more fun ! The pink looks hooot ! I had pink slices in my fringe and that looked nice but yours ? WOW ! smokin' hot
drools.gif
x

k.a.t

Love it! i'd love to be able to go blonde and add pink to it....but i dnt think i would ever suit that..my natural hair colour is black
ssad.gif

aleksis210

okay first of all, that 4 wheeler sounds HOT! and I understand how you feel about brown hair ...I LOOOVE it on other people, but it sucks on me. I love the pink it's so bright!

blondemafia76

thanks Yall!!
Its a bit much to maintain, but I work at home, so what the hell, its not a big deal. LOL. I love it. We went on a big four wheeling trip this weekend, and I sure did stand out. For all the right reasons... I forgot my camera, but other ppl took pics, you have to see them bc I have splotches of mud all over my face.. yet none of my makeup is smeared. That rules soooo much!

blondemafia76

this is what I did today.. more pink and bangs trimmed and brushed forward...

before I trimmed and brushed forward..

Makeup047.jpg

Makeup048.jpg

Makeup049.jpg

I know!! I looked pissy.. but I wasnt, I swear!!

After

Makeup051.jpg

Makeup052.jpg

Makeup053.jpg

s0_fam0us

I LOVE it! What dye did you use for the pink?! I've got naturally dark brown hair that I have highlighted & then pinked... and then I dye the rest black... it's a long process, but I'm still trying to find my perfect pink. I've been using Pravana's Magenta, and that seems to be the best one so far, as it lasts a good 2 months. I've tried Paul Mitchell, Manic Panic, & Special Effects and they all beg for re-doing after less than a month.

Avozilla

I love it.<3 Last unnatural color I did (well, on purpose. I accidently did fire engine red a few months ago) was lime green with forest green ends.

I'm waiting until I get a job to do anything wild, just to keep my options open. I'm doing my boyfriend's hair Manic Panic's Hot Hot Pink soon (on a light brown, so it'll probably come out as a deep maginta.) I'm excited.

blondemafia76

thats what I am using currently- hot hot pink..

s0- do you have pics of the pravana pink?? I have heard its not good, but I would loooove to see. Anything more perm would be super...
greengrin.gif

Bernadette

Your hair is fabulous and totally looks like Jem's! I had pink, white and brown hair for a while but the pink washed into the white so bad that I couldn't deal after a while. Anyway, it looks amazing.

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemafia76
thats what I am using currently- hot hot pink..

s0- do you have pics of the pravana pink?? I have heard its not good, but I would loooove to see. Anything more perm would be super...
greengrin.gif

Really? I love Pravana Vivids line! I use it on my clients when they want those punky colors. I have been doing a lot of purple lately though.
I do have to say no matter what your pink will fade out quickly, some faster than others though. It's the same as using red in your hair, the molecules are bigger than black, blonde, brown, etc. So, the bigger color molecules just "sit" on the cuticles of the hair. That's why it fades, your hair can't absorb the color very well.
Have you tried a clearcoat? I have good luck with clearcoats. When I put RB slices in my hair I had to put one over, I didn't want the red to fade super fast. It also makes your hair shiney!!!
smiles.gif