pinup pink lipstick

hello!

I've checked the board for some pink lippie recs, but everything I saw seems to be a rec for a light pink lipcolor or a rec for darker-complected ladies (I'm an NC15).

I do the 1950s pinup look a lot and I've been looking for a fairly bright pink lipstick that would complement the look and cut down on my red lipstick consumption, but everything I've tried ends up being either too grandma-mauve or too super-frosted mallrat hot pink.
th_dunno.gif

Any suggestions?

thanks!
xoxo

Le-Saboteur

Girl About Town is a blue toned bright pink that's like a slap in the face (verrry bright), Impassioned is a warmer bright pink that isn't quite so, uh, full on. Both are pretty shades, but personally I'm more partial to Impassioned, it still has the 'wow' without the 'holyshitthatsbright'. I'm NW 15-20 by the way.

Neither are frosty.

ETA: You could also try Chatterbox, which is more of a Barbie pink.

Meisje

Maybelline SuperStay in Strawberry is awesome and has great staying power. It's really bright.

Lyssah

I agree - Girl about town is awesome... I am NW15 for ref.
I personally hate Impassioned on me. I have pigmented lips, pale skin, brown hair and brown eyes and I just look like a mountain troll..

Le-Saboteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
I agree - Girl about town is awesome... I am NW15 for ref.
I personally hate Impassioned on me. I have pigmented lips, pale skin, brown hair and brown eyes and I just look like a mountain troll..

Weird!! I'm exactly the same colouring and I love it. I'm more neutral that pinky toned though, so that could be it.

I seriously love it, I think it looks great on me. Hahaha.

GirlyDork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-Saboteur
Girl About Town is a blue toned bright pink that's like a slap in the face (verrry bright), Impassioned is a warmer bright pink that isn't quite so, uh, full on. Both are pretty shades, but personally I'm more partial to Impassioned, it still has the 'wow' without the 'holyshitthatsbright'. I'm NW 15-20 by the way.

Neither are frosty.

ETA: You could also try Chatterbox, which is more of a Barbie pink.

I have all three, and I love them all. For the pink pinup look, try Girl About Town is you're cool-toned and Impassioned if you're warm-toned. If you want a more subtle look and you're cool-toned, try Chatterbox. I'm such a pink lipstick freak xD

User38

I have been looking for a similar color.. have just ordered some RaspberryPink shades from B.Brown, and also got one from Milani.. cheap but good..it's the Hip color which works well full on or as a stain. You can't beat the price~~

User38

oh, I have Speed Dial and Gladiola.. both work well too. Gladiola is a bit bluer. Speed Dial might be good. Finding a great pink is as difficult as a great red!