Planning a MAC eyeshadow haul - help!

lovesongx

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I need your advice! I have green eyes, reddish brown hair and I am NW20 (probably even fairer than that since thats my concealer shade, I use maybelline foundation, the lightest one!).
I have a few MAC eyeshadows - Shroom, Juxt, Swimming and Humid which I love, but I get paid on Monday and I've had my eye on a few shadows to fill up a 15 pan palette I got a while ago.
So far I have chosen Hush, Pink Venus, Sushi Flower, Cranberry, Stars 'N Rockets, Satellite Dreams, Nocturnelle, Deep Truth and Contrast, but this leaves me with 2 spaces! What do you recommend? Are the colours I've chosen good?

Heres a pic for a rough idea of what I'll have (credit to bein_aranel @ LJ, starsnrockets @ Flicker and Makeup Alley for the swatches!)
zlzv4z.jpg

Thanks!

LaVixxen

Those are nice colors. Juxt is a little weird on me it changes color after like an hour or so maybe its just me lol. Add electric eel and soft brown or gorgeous gold.

moopoint

Great choices so far! I'd stuff Amber Lights and Bronze in there. They'd look great with the blues, greens, purples and more. Very versatile and pretty.

SpringDancer

Great choices. I'd consider replacing Pink Venus with a different pink eyeshadow (maybe Expensive Pink?) since it's a lustre finish. I find lustres very hard to work with. They are messy and I have to be very careful applying them - the color payoff isn't great and if you're not careful enough you'll end up with the eyeshadow on your face instead of on your lids.
I'd add some nice neutrals - Jest, Woodwinked, Amber Lights or Satin Taupe.
Let us know what you got!

Prototype83

I would swap Pink Venus for either Sushi Flower or Swish, very pretty pinks and they are better/easier to work with.

My other suggestions would be Steamy or Shimmermoss

ETA: I also think Hepcat would be pretty...are you looking for some neutrals too?

purrtykitty

I would suggest a color to darken your crease like Carbon, and then another darker neutral like Tempting or Woodwinked to pair with brights for a more toned-down look.

Efionawade

Green smoke! and Trax! Or Satin Taupe!

They are beautiful versatile shades that can be worn together, or with lots of other things. I love smokey eyes -or- more daytime looks with all of these colours!

Satin Taupe is one of my all time favourite colours.

hawaii02

I was also going to mention Swish...it would be great with what you have. Do you have a highlight..a white/beige?

geeko

Noticed that u don't have a yellow-gold in your selection

why don't u try gorgeous gold? It's pretty

sweeteternity

I have to agree with an above poster about switching Pink Venus for Expensive Pink. Though I love quite a few lustres, this happens to be one of the lower quality ones IMO. Expensive Pink has more peach but much better payoff.

As for what to add, you definitely need Carbon (!!!...I use it for sooo much), and as for the other spot I'd recommend looking into Nylon, Sketch, Satin Taupe or Naked Lunch.

MAChostage

Satin Taupe really is a must have in your collection. I resisted it for quite a while, but now I find it indispensable!

Efionawade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
I was also going to mention Swish...it would be great with what you have. Do you have a highlight..a white/beige?

She has Shroom in the image!
smiles.gif

HeatherLouWho

I would like to second, third, or whatever the following colors: Amber Lights, Bronze, Expensive Pink, Satin Taupe, and Sketch.

I would add RicePaper and say you need some brown in that collection! I especially like Espresso.

Also, one thing I do when I do an e/s haul is I go in with a color I already have but maybe don't use that often and say to the MA, "Can you help me find some shadows that would help me get more use out of this shadow." I've ended up with some of my favorite shadows this way.

lovesongx

Hi everyone, thanks for the help! Think I'll go for Black Tied and Electric Eel. I don't really wear browns but I might try them in the future so thanks for the recs on those!

ETA: I'll definately swap Pink Venus for Expensive Pink too!