PLEASE HELP!!! QUESTION TO MAC EMPLOYEES =o)

BERFACE

Hey guys, this is my first post. I just got hired as a part time employee at a MAC counter in macys!!! im so excited! but my question is, did it take awhile for you to actually start working? i officially got hired on January 23 (wed) and came in to fill out paperwork on Friday (Jan 25). They told me my first day would be on Feb 8th if all my paperwork/employee number came back on time. i didnt hear anything from them last week so i called and found it DID come in. But then they said i wouldnt be on the schedule until this coming friday (feb 15). why didnt they call me to tell me this? what if i showed up! hahaa. sorry guys, im just a little annoyed. but anyway, how long was your hiring process? luckily my 3 interviews werent painful. i did all of them within less than a week. whewww. but yea, im just freaking out right now bc i kinda feel like they dont want me to work there or something. haha =o/

-amber- =o)

lanaleigh

This is normal for Macy's. Don't take it personally. Do call them always to figure out what's going on. The only time my interview processes were sped up were when it was a management position they needed filled immediately, or during the holidays.

baybehbekah

so i completely understand! my interview process was pretty quick but now i am just waiting for a phone call. he said he would call asap! (sorry to all those out there that have seen me say this over & over again
smiles.gif
) but i think you did the right thing, just call to make sure you're on the same page. if anything it is just going to show you're responsible, and that is never a bad thing! congrats & good luck!

shabdebaz

My hiring process at Macy's was LOOOOONNNNGGG. And, to boot, I was already a MAC employee who was just relocating due to my husband's job! The process started end of July, and my first day of work was the second week of October!

MissVivaMac

I think it is more of a MAC deal. The schedules are pretty set for a month in advance and when I started at MAC it took Macys over a month to get me in their system, so I would just use my co-workers register numbers.

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
My hiring process at Macy's was LOOOOONNNNGGG. And, to boot, I was already a MAC employee who was just relocating due to my husband's job! The process started end of July, and my first day of work was the second week of October!

WOW! So you relocated to Chicago? I remember u worked at the Bay Scarborough. So how did that work - did you have to apply when you were in Chicago to Macy's directly and just say you work at Mac in TO?? Or did they help you out and do something behind the scenes? That's so cool!

MelodyKat

it takes about can take anywhere from 2-6weeks or more for ur employee number to come back. no one can work without a number.

Latest posts