Please talk me out of this

Hawkeye

You all know I am a star trek freak. If you don't yet- well guess what? YOU DO NOW!
lmao.gif
clap.gif

ANYWAY

I found a store that has Star Trek collectables (read: Action figures!)

And I know I don't really have any use for them but I want them so badly. Please talk me out of it!

Hawkeye

Thanks ladies *HUGS* Thanks Sanne-

But Yvette- Which one do I really really want? There's a Kirk, a Spock, a McCoy, a Uhura, A Scotty???

THEY ARE ALL SO GREAT!

GalleyGirl

Uh, I wish I could but then I'd be a hypocrite...I just went crazy buying the Gwen Stefani dolls at Target, which I have no idea what I am going to do with.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyGirl
Uh, I wish I could but then I'd be a hypocrite...I just went crazy buying the Gwen Stefani dolls at Target, which I have no idea what I am going to do with.

Serious. I collect Little Mermaid stuff. I LOVE Little Mermaid, you guys. Like, ever since I was three and first saw the movie, GAH! But my stuff sits in a closet now because I'm afraid my husband will want to de-clutter and dump it all someday! And the only reason i can think that it might be useful someday is "my future daughter will like her!" Yeah, watch I won't get a daughter, then what am I going to do?

Honestly, if i makes you happy to look at every day on your dresser, I say go for the lot of them, but only if you can afford it. However, there are better things you could be spending your money on like cute clothes and of course, makeup. So...
th_dunno.gif

Sorry I wasn't much help
ssad.gif

eowyn797

OK NO. OMG BUY THEM ALL.

i am so incredibly lame that i have a collection of X-Files action figures. Mulder had a little flashlight for investigatin'!

giz2000

Here's a thought:

Life's too short NOT to have all of the Star Trek action figures......I am such an enabler....
thmbup.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Here's a thought:

Life's too short NOT to have all of the Star Trek action figures......I am such an enabler....
thmbup.gif

Too funny!

Kiseki

Coming from someone who gets these shopping urges for collectibles (mostly anime, but I'm into loads of tv shows), I can tell you this.

You'll buy them, you'll stare and them, feel warm and tingly inside, I give it less than a month for you to find something you REALLY want (and need) and you'll regret buying all those action figures.

If you really want it, buy just one.

Hawkeye

damnit
ssad.gif
I know your right
ssad.gif
It will be inevitable. AND the worst part is-I'll wait and wait to buy them and I wont come across anything and the moment I do.....

Kiseki

If you're one of those people who doesn't take things out of boxes and keeps them in mint condition, I'd say "You go girl, you can always sell them on ebay.", if you're like me, which means you're tactile and want to touch them. Just don't.

I have to control myself with anime DVDs, the other day I was staring at the Nana DVDs and bought four on a whim.

These days I still spend a lot on merchandise, but usually it's something that has a usage, so it's books or cds or dvds (or of course, MAKEUP).

I stopped buying the collectibles because it was a waste of money, the only thing I regret not buying is a LE Phoenix statue with the Phoenix Effect in smokey flamey glass, GODS I'm a sucker for Jean Grey... but I digress...

Hawkeye

oh see that TNG i can tolerate a little of TNG only because of Picard and Data. Same with Voyager except I only like well um...maybe 7 of 9 but i definately like the capt of that one too. But I LOVE TOS

Yes, I will be the one who pulls out the dolls and have to touch them (the closest to the young Capt. Kirk I'll ever get!LOL) so they would definately loose their value
ssad.gif
Bummer. Thanks Kiseki for talking me outta it
smiles.gif

BTW- Kiseki- do you ever watch Avatar the last airbender?

Kiseki

Hmm, Avatar seems interesting, I'm going to download it. It's odd, the character design reminds me of W.I.T.C.H.

If you like Avatar, try "The 12 Kingdoms", it's incredible.

Yeah, get Kirk, he looked good with eyeshadow! I'm watching Boston Legal and it cracks me up at how many Star Trek jokes the writers insert in the lines.

Yeah, Picard is the only thing that makes me watch TNG, and you have the same favourite characters in Voyager than me!

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
Mulder had a little flashlight for investigatin'!

WHERE ?
th_crazy.gif