Pluto has been named a “dwarf planet.” and is no longer a planet.

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
There's some DAMN good seasoning rub in my cabinet. And now I want some steak. dammit.

mmmm. steak. at 10 pm. heheh... what kind of rub is it???

(so that i dont clutter the thread with useless garbage
lmao.gif
)
i <3 pluto. what shall we name our silly cartoon characters after now? and what is my very educated mother going to feed me?
not pizza.

Our pnumonic in school was 'My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas'
Now its gonna have to be... 'my very educated mother just served us noodles' or something equally silly.

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagannn
mmmm. steak. at 10 pm. heheh... what kind of rub is it???

(so that i dont clutter the thread with useless garbage
lmao.gif
)

The possibilities with this are endless...
devil.gif

NutMeg

The other 'planets' in consideration were Ceres and Xena. The guy who discovered Xena didn't want the scientists to add a whole bunch of new planets because the solar system would loose it's magic. I think that's kind of cute. The part that makes me laugh is that Xena is not an official name because all of the solar system objects have to be named after figures in Roman/Greek mythology. I feel kind of sad that Pluto's been eliminated but there has always been doubts as to wether it should be considered a planet... It was bound to happen. Ok one other thing about this situation makes me chuckle. Ceres actually used to be a planet back in the 1800s, and then it got demoted. And now it got shot down again! Poor dude.
greengrin.gif

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
The possibilities with this are endless...
devil.gif

hahaha oh yeah???
:shedevil:

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Interesting.

The idea that people get paid some serious $$ to do this kind of boggles me.

Lol. I bug my step-dad who is a rocket scientist as NASA about this
cutey.gif

Lady_MAC

Ah, he just takes it, since my mom chimes in too. I'm still working on getting the whole scoop on the first moon landing, lol.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_MAC
Ah, he just takes it, since my mom chimes in too. I'm still working on getting the whole scoop on the first moon landing, lol.

HAHAHAH NO Doubt!!!

MAC_Whore

The space program: As long as we can get satellites up there to fill all of our communication, weaponry and spying needs, I'm thrilled. IMO, the rest is a massive waste of money. I don't mean to be crass towards those of you who have an interest in space. I just really think there are several other domestic issues which need addressing/money.

Let's talk some more about the steak. That is more interesting to me than Pluto.