Pompous Blue?

MirandaTN

I have seen this color used quite a bit here... i am dying to get it! I can't seem to find it on mac's website, though. Was it discontinued?

Thanks!

hello...did a little research and found out that pompous blue is an eyeshadow from the sold out TECHNACOLOUR release line...someone correct me if I'm wrong

Cosmopolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkee23
hello...did a little research and found out that pompous blue is an eyeshadow from the sold out TECHNACOLOUR release line...someone correct me if I'm wrong

You're correct, don't worry
smiles.gif

All of the shadows in the Technacolour line were velvets. I was relatively new to MAC at the time, and bought it on a whim because I thought it looked pretty in the pot. I found out really quick that I do not like velvets, and it often sits unused in the back of my Sterilite drawers.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

If you can't get your hands on Pompus Blue for a decent price (it is the only shadow from Technacolor that I wanted and haven't been able to get), Big-T is a dead ringer for it. I think there is a side-by-side comparison in the Swatch Thread.

s0damnbeautiful

When C-Shock first came out I didn't get Big T because I thought it was just like Pompous Blue ... After I finally picked it up (MA was wearing it and I loved it) I got it home and realized it really isn't like Pompous Blue at all ... Pompous Blue has more blue to it than Big T, and it's a lot darker...

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0damnbeautiful
When C-Shock first came out I didn't get Big T because I thought it was just like Pompous Blue ... After I finally picked it up (MA was wearing it and I loved it) I got it home and realized it really isn't like Pompous Blue at all ... Pompous Blue has more blue to it than Big T, and it's a lot darker...

*groan* Please let that not be the case! I've already convinced myself NOT to get Big T, no matter how lovely it looks. I just can't afford it this month!

s0damnbeautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
*groan* Please let that not be the case! I've already convinced myself NOT to get Big T, no matter how lovely it looks. I just can't afford it this month!

Hahaha ... I did the same thing, and I'm so sorry to tell you that Big T is now one I wear almost every single day ... even if it doesn't go, I find a way to make it work because it's a slight obsession. And I love Pompous Blue, it gets worn often, but Big T is really totally different ... I've got my fingers crossed that they still have it next month so you can have it
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0damnbeautiful
Hahaha ... I did the same thing, and I'm so sorry to tell you that Big T is now one I wear almost every single day ... even if it doesn't go, I find a way to make it work because it's a slight obsession. And I love Pompous Blue, it gets worn often, but Big T is really totally different ... I've got my fingers crossed that they still have it next month so you can have it
smiles.gif

Big T is very very nice and worth it. Blah Wah, maybe you can depot some products and pour some brush cleanser into a water bottle so you can get 6 empties and B2MAC for it. I am honestly surprised that only Going Bananas has sold. I was really paraniod that the C-Shock products would be gone in a flash.

dollbabybex

exactly why i didnt get big t...it was on my list but its just too similar.

fair enough diff textures and what not...but overall its pretty similar

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_allgunsdrawn
i just got mine for nine in the mail today. should i feel lucky?

If you got it BNIB yes, they go for upwards of $18 on ebay. It's not rare, but it is long gone from any MAC counter or CCO.

coachkitten

I love pompous blue! I am not suprised that people are loving it but it didn't sell out right away. It is bound to turn up at a CCO soon.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Big T is very very nice and worth it. Blah Wah, maybe you can depot some products and pour some brush cleanser into a water bottle so you can get 6 empties and B2MAC for it. I am honestly surprised that only Going Bananas has sold. I was really paraniod that the C-Shock products would be gone in a flash.

*lol* Thanks for the tip but I was going to do that for Lovestone (if it isn't sold out already) or Thrills l/s. Can you believe I haven't gotten anything from Flashtronic or Rushmetal yet? *hides behind hands* I've (mostly) appeased my C-Shock desire with Bang on Blue, Wondergrass and Going Bananas since I have nothing like them. I'll be searching for the rest of them in our Clearance Bin - if someone can part with them!

On a side note, I just used Pompous Blue yesterday with Zonk Bleu and Going Bananas. Loved it!

Schnurbseltini

I had the same problem and I found out that Nightbird (in the Formal Plack Intense Eyes) is very very near to Pompous Blue :)