Post Your comments on Liquidlast liners here

lola336

i got the aqualine, auto orange and the black one. yea on the hand it was hard to remove..but on the eyes it wasnt bad at all. im sure if u try to take it off right after it must be a pain..but i had aqualine on..went out..fell asleep with it on..lol..i know thats bad. I woke up..half was already off and the other half washed off easily with the face wash cloths i use. also my friend accidentally slept with it on and she barely had it on in the am. but i must say it didnt smudge all night..so i definitely like that.

midnightlouise

I got Dress Khaki & Auto-Orange Friday and I *love* them!! I can't imagine not using them now. I didn't even have any trouble applying them, and I have always been scared of liquid liners! Stayed on all day and all night, even outside in the heat & humidity, and I used DHC cleansing oil and it came right off.
th_worship.gif

I am definitely going back to get more of these....

Cherrie

I love the new liquid last liners!! I bought all the collection a week ago. Loved them because they actually go on as the colors showed in the bottle. The only problem that i have with them is getting them off. LOL. But nothing a lil' makeup remover cant do. Well.. make it a lot of makeup remover hahah.

eponine

i love the colors and the staying power, but i think i'm allergic to them. my eye was really swollen up when i woke up yesterday.
ssad.gif

i think it might have been the cleanse off oil, though, because my entire eyelid was swollen, not just where the liner was.
*grumble*

bocagirl

The liquid liners are really nice. I use my 266 brush to apply and olive oil to get it off. Works well for me.

more_please

I got permaplum and inky- they are beautiful! To answer a question asked futher up in the thread, inky is a metallic navy blue, not a royal blue.

Anyways, the only problem I've run into is that I seem to get a lot of e/l on my lashes as I'm applying it. Do you all close your eye to put it on, or just look down? I'll def keep playing with them, because the color payoff is 100%

fyi, i tried to do my waterlines HUGE mistake. It doesn't dry on the waterline, and it ends up in the eye, or it flakes off later. learn from my stupidity
smiles.gif

Moyra

I am sorry to be the voice of dissent on the liquidlasts, and I admit that I succumbed to the "Ooooh! Shiny!" syndrome when I read about these here, trotted down to my my nearest Mac counter (Saks at the Arboretum in Austin) the day they came out and bought 4 Liquidlasts in Dress Khaki, Coco Bar, Inky and Powerplum.
After using them for a week, I view them as pretty colored glue, but good eyeliner? ummm...not.
I mean, how hard can any eyeliner be to get a good line with? I do have experience with liquid liners and pointy eyeliner brushes, but the formulation of this stuff is not ready for prime time, it glops and sticks on eyelashes, and that vile little brush that comes with them either picks up too much product, which creates a bunch of globules of liner, or, after being wiped down a little, drags and skips. I then have to go over the whole thing again. By the time I am through trying to fix what got smeared and globbed and messed up by the nasty little brush with pretty colored glue on it, I probably should go and remove all my makeup and start over. I always end up waiting till the mess dries, applying powder or pencil eyeliner in a similar color over it and blending that in to try and disguise the mess.
I know, I could use another brush - but again, I would have to wash that brush immediately with oily makeup remover and then shampoo, or it would be glued shut. Frankly, its not worth it.
That said, I really love the colors, but the formulation is not up to the pretty colors and the brush it comes with is not nice at all. Very dissapointing...

Uofmchick18

i have aqualine and pop iris..and i have to say that they are soo pretty and stay on pretty well..i had my makeup done when the liners came out..and it was still there several hours later..and it was easily removed with baby oil. =) they are indeed my new love!!

AudreyNicole

I have not tried these yet, but I am hearing of alot of goopiness. I am wondering if you might try a couple of drops of mixing medium in the tub to thin the liner a bit, kind of like they add nail polish remover to thick nail polish at the salon to thin the polish if it gets thick... Any thoughts?

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyra
I am sorry to be the voice of dissent on the liquidlasts, and I admit that I succumbed to the "Ooooh! Shiny!" syndrome when I read about these here, trotted down to my my nearest Mac counter (Saks at the Arboretum in Austin) the day they came out and bought 4 Liquidlasts in Dress Khaki, Coco Bar, Inky and Powerplum.
After using them for a week, I view them as pretty colored glue, but good eyeliner? ummm...not.
I mean, how hard can any eyeliner be to get a good line with? I do have experience with liquid liners and pointy eyeliner brushes, but the formulation of this stuff is not ready for prime time, it glops and sticks on eyelashes, and that vile little brush that comes with them either picks up too much product, which creates a bunch of globules of liner, or, after being wiped down a little, drags and skips. I then have to go over the whole thing again. By the time I am through trying to fix what got smeared and globbed and messed up by the nasty little brush with pretty colored glue on it, I probably should go and remove all my makeup and start over. I always end up waiting till the mess dries, applying powder or pencil eyeliner in a similar color over it and blending that in to try and disguise the mess.
I know, I could use another brush - but again, I would have to wash that brush immediately with oily makeup remover and then shampoo, or it would be glued shut. Frankly, its not worth it.
That said, I really love the colors, but the formulation is not up to the pretty colors and the brush it comes with is not nice at all. Very dissapointing...

hey i agree totally
smiles.gif

i think the brush tht comes with them is of v poor quality its v flimsy and just not gd lol. ive also said before i was not a fan of the formula when i swatched it it was hard to get a straight line even on my hand the formula seems super sticky and glue like

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
Okay, am I the only one who has issues with these liners FLAKING LIKE MAD?!

no flaking for me at all what so ever....it only started to "FLAKE" off when I had to remove them.....

allan_willb

Okay guys so my counter just got them in.Finally!So I put them to the test.When came home from work...2:30am I put them all on, pointblack,aqualine and blue horizon...As soon as they dried (which wasnt long at all) I tried rubbing the shit outta my eye and they didnt move at all but the blue horizon's shimmer got lost a bit.So them I went to sleep on purpose for 10 long hours and woke up and everything was still perfect I mean nothing came off...I also forgot to get the cleanse off oil when I did my haul so I miss read a thread on page one and I thought the girl said to use brush cleanser!!!(OUCH) And it burned the living shit outta my eye...But im okay so i didnt have anything and i had to get them off before work today so I was forced to use wesson oil (ewwww)never again....it took a boat load of tugs to get it off of my (oily lids) with oil...But i got them off...Man I dunno about these.I guess I just have to go out and get a really good remover.

joytheobscure

Gorgeous colors... I had to resist buying more ....I will buy a few more, but I'm such a fluidline addict. I am getting shades different from fluidlines though.

stephbunny

LLL on waterline

Am i the only one who has tried LLL on their waterline? I've never had any luck with anything else staying on my waterline.. fluidlines, eye kohls, permapoint, they all stay for about 1 hour then start fading and migrating. (and yes, I try to 'dry" my waterline before applying) I have asian eyes and wear hard contacts, so I might have really 'watery' waterlines. *laughs*

Anyways, i just wanted to share with the community that I just tried wearing LLL on my waterline and it was supereasy and they stay! You just have to make sure you paint a thin coat and try to let it dry before any major blinking. It worked well with the built-in brush (I used Electrolady) but I imagine using an eyeliner brush would work as well...not to mention probably help with the hygenic issues.

I find that they remove quite easily with my Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (I have the orange one for dry skin). Hope this helps!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
I thought the girl said to use brush cleanser!!!(OUCH) And it burned the living shit outta my eye...

You used BRUSH CLEANSER on your eyes??? Yowza, that's gotta sting.

nup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbunny
Am i the only one who has tried LLL on their waterline? I've never had any luck with anything else staying on my waterline.. fluidlines, eye kohls, permapoint, they all stay for about 1 hour then start fading and migrating. (and yes, I try to 'dry" my waterline before applying) I have asian eyes and wear hard contacts, so I might have really 'watery' waterlines. *laughs*

Anyways, i just wanted to share with the community that I just tried wearing LLL on my waterline and it was supereasy and they stay! You just have to make sure you paint a thin coat and try to let it dry before any major blinking. It worked well with the built-in brush (I used Electrolady) but I imagine using an eyeliner brush would work as well...not to mention probably help with the hygenic issues.

I find that they remove quite easily with my Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (I have the orange one for dry skin). Hope this helps!

clap.gif

I can so relate to that! I use LLLs on my waterline and although it takes some getting used to, once you figure it out it is the best! They don't flake or smudge and their staying power even on the waterline is simply amazing!
I also use them as eyeshadows or shadow bases and I love love love them. They really are miracle products for me because I have pretty greasy lids and to top it off I sweat like a pig in the sun so pretty much everything I wear streaks and/or smears after a while.
To remove I use the cleanse of oil, although the olive oil suggestion I read about here is something I must try.