Post your 'Sephora inspired' brush holders

feenin4makeup

Here is a picture of mine. Excuse the dirty brushes!
nonono.gif

..kels*

i made one of these a while ago using Colorfill, but it was really gritty & started to scratch my brushes. it also left a sandy residue all over them. so today i was snooping in the craft section at walmart & found 1 lb of bean bag filler for under $5 (i think i paid around $10 for the same amount of Colorfill - CDN prices by the way). the bean bag filler has rounder, smoother edges than the Colorfill & isn't anywhere near as gritty. i'd definitely recommend getting it instead of the vase filler.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
i made one of these a while ago using Colorfill, but it was really gritty & started to scratch my brushes. it also left a sandy residue all over them. so today i was snooping in the craft section at walmart & found 1 lb of bean bag filler for under $5 (i think i paid around $10 for the same amount of Colorfill - CDN prices by the way). the bean bag filler has rounder, smoother edges than the Colorfill & isn't anywhere near as gritty. i'd definitely recommend getting it instead of the vase filler.

Bean bag filler is what I use too! Since posting my pic, I've made another! I got the smaller container from Office depot. It has a diagonal divider down the middle which is cool for separating my larger brushes from the smaller ones...like ones for liner and stuff.
Here's my update:

DSC02073.jpg

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
Bean bag filler is what I use too! Since posting my pic, I've made another! I got the smaller container from Office depot. It has a diagonal divider down the middle which is cool for separating my larger brushes from the smaller ones...like ones for liner and stuff.
Here's my update:

DSC02073.jpg

Is this softer than the floral filler? I think the floral filler is scratching my brushes. Has any of you notice that??

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBettyBoop
Is this softer than the floral filler? I think the floral filler is scratching my brushes. Has any of you notice that??

YES! Much softer. I've had them in there for months, use them everyday, and no scratches whatsoever.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Beanbag filler
th_thdeadea.gif

thats an awesome idea. The vase filler (@ Michaels) is pretty expensive in Canada

Yeah, they look good too and you can get them in fairly large bags!

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Yeah, they look good too and you can get them in fairly large bags!

Can this be found at walmart or michael's?

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBettyBoop
Can this be found at walmart or michael's?

walmart for around $5 for 1 lb.

FantaZ

I had a hard time finding the floral fillers but I substituted it with bean bag fillers. It seems to work pretty well but it was a bit plain for me so I decided to do a lil decorating with my favorite MAC promo pics. Also, I had a hard time finding containers with a cover because I didn't want my brushes to get dusty. I'm still trying to think of other ideas for it but this will do for now. Hope you like it! Pics are clickable.

EllieFerris

OK, did a little research this morining. I'm sure that no one really needs six 1 lb. bags, but we could do a group purchase.

Just an idea.

62503 ColorFil 25 lb Bulk Pack
ColorFill
colorfill.jpg
OUR PRICE$Select Size Select Size 60100, 6 each 1 lb bag, $29.95 60200, 6 each 2 lb bag, $45.00
QUANTITY

vanilla_addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaZ
I had a hard time finding the floral fillers but I substituted it with bean bag fillers. It seems to work pretty well but it was a bit plain for me so I decided to do a lil decorating with my favorite MAC promo pics. Also, I had a hard time finding containers with a cover because I didn't want my brushes to get dusty. I'm still trying to think of other ideas for it but this will do for now. Hope you like it! Pics are clickable.

these are so beautiful!! youre like me worried about the dust.. i suggest trying a large glass jar with a lid.. it really looks beautiful with the filling and the brushes inside.. and works as a protector from dust
thmbup.gif

kittykit

Quote:
Here's my update:

DSC02073.jpg

I like how you sorted your lipsticks out!

SoupyGeorge

I never use mine since I do my makeup at school, so it only has a couple brushes in it regularly....but here it is anyway!

bad picture, but it was taken at night and with my crappy old camera.
thmbdn.gif
Better one soon!

2008_07220216.jpg

thank you dollar tree/unused childhood items!!!

trammie

here is my original one

DSC03866.jpg

i had to make a second one since my brush collection got so much bigger hehe

Nemo

After seeing everyone's, I felt so creative and went and made one for myself. That and my brush collection just wasn't fitting in the normal place.
So here it is:

PA140003.jpg

I used stones and sand. My husband thought the sand was a bad idea (messy and sticking to the brushes) but it is so fine that it really hasn't caused a problem! Thanks for looking!

jennifer.

i guess you could call this my mac AND sephora inspired style holder but even from the beginning, it hasn't been enough to hold everything. i'm also using the round brush holder from antiquitease to hold all my powder brushes and stuff. i bought a table from ikea today to turn into a vanity so i'll prob. invest in more stuff to hold my brushes!*

*edit: i bought a second brush holder to hold my growing brush collection. the left holds all mac (except for one) and the right holds all the misc. (not pictured: 182 brush).

mubholder.jpg

mizuki~

My wonderful boyfriend just got me this Hello Kitty thing with a swivel thing on the bottom (it spins!!). The moment I got it, I ran off to the art store to get some of that colorfill stuff. So happy I don't have to keep them all cooped up in a cup anymore haha. Ughh I need to clean my brushes lol

hk1.jpg

hk2.jpg

TamiChoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
My wonderful boyfriend just got me this Hello Kitty thing with a swivel thing on the bottom (it spins!!). The moment I got it, I ran off to the art store to get some of that colorfill stuff. So happy I don't have to keep them all cooped up in a cup anymore haha. Ughh I need to clean my brushes lol

hk1.jpg

hk2.jpg

that is so cute!