Post your 'Sephora inspired' brush holders

Dominikanmorena

I just made mine yesterday. I used sand because it was cheaper. I also heard that the colorfills are made out of acetone, which makes it toxic. Mine is pretty simple but I think I will buy some colored sand to layer n make it pretty =)

minni4bebe

I went to the dollar tree and they have the CUTEST vases that are perfect for this. I got two tall square glass ones and filled it with beads...PERFECT!

MelmoK

I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out. I'm moving this week but plan to order next week and they should be there soon after.

Someone posted these on another board too, could be yet another option.
Kit Kraft inc., Glitter, Clear, Tiny Glass Balls - 3mm

Here are the photos of the beads directly from Sephora for those of you that want to compare.

Sephora1.jpg

Sephora2.jpg

franken_stein

Since I just moved, it was time for me to make a new place for my brushes! I just used Colorfill even though it seemed too rough for the handles... oh well. I bought everything from Michael's, including the stickers I used to put my name on it:

brushholder-vi.jpg

Thanks for all your ideas!

MelmoK

Well, I finally got around to putting my brush holders together now that I've moved. I only got my order from KitKraft. The other order was returned to them for some reason so I just said forget it and requested a refund.

So, the KitKraft beads are awesome and so so so close though they are just a bit smaller. The Sephora beads are the right size to run your hands through. The KitKraft beads are small enough to catch your fingernails which ruins the smooth feel but all in all I'll buy them again.

figgy1982

Hi all
I bought one of the holiday brush sets this xmas for a travel set, and because I have a really short attention span or something, I have changed my brush holder and am now using the box that the brushes came in. As most of you have probably seen, it has a lot of holes of different sizes in it. I put some oasis flower arranging foam in it and made a couple of the holes slightly bigger and am using it. I actually like it because the brushes are a bit more spread out and easier to see. Will have to punch more holes in it becuase I haven't put all my mac ones in there yet, just as many random ones as I could fit in there for the photo.

IMG_6753.jpg

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy1982
Hi all
I bought one of the holiday brush sets this xmas for a travel set, and because I have a really short attention span or something, I have changed my brush holder and am now using the box that the brushes came in. As most of you have probably seen, it has a lot of holes of different sizes in it. I put some oasis flower arranging foam in it and made a couple of the holes slightly bigger and am using it. I actually like it because the brushes are a bit more spread out and easier to see. Will have to punch more holes in it becuase I haven't put all my mac ones in there yet, just as many random ones as I could fit in there for the photo.

IMG_6753.jpg

georgeous!

Lady Gray

oooh! one day when I have brushes, I'm making myself one of these babies. Thank you for the inspiration everyone!

HOTasFCUK

Hmmm i checked my local Wal-Mart for the floral filler and they didn't have any. I also found some bean bag filler but it was styrafoam and very staticky. I'll have to check Michael's or order online!

marquise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Hmmm i checked my local Wal-Mart for the floral filler and they didn't have any. I also found some bean bag filler but it was styrafoam and very staticky. I'll have to check Michael's or order online!

Yep I tried the bean bag filler too - had read online that it was better for your brushes. I also thought it was far too staticky and didn't hold my bigger/face brushes upright at all!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise
Yep I tried the bean bag filler too - had read online that it was better for your brushes. I also thought it was far too staticky and didn't hold my bigger/face brushes upright at all!

Yup definite pass on those. I want mine to be just like Sephora's. I swear i never thought in a million years about doing that until i saw this thread and was shocked how many people have it at home!

Another reason why
specktra_rocks.gif

xAngiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Here's mine!

brush-holder1.jpg

brush-holder-2.jpg

I need to get one more package of the light pink granules so it comes up a bit higher. It looks like a pink layer cake.
winks.gif

Mine aren't the exact same beads as Enkore used either, but that's ok, I think mine looks prettier! Hehe...mine are sort of like granules....kind of like sand. If you want to go the super cheap method, I know someone who posted pics and she had used plain old rice, it worked equally as well.

Please read:I've had quite a few messages from people asking about the sand stuff I used in my vase. I do not recall the name as I threw the packaging away so please do not PM me to ask what it is called. It came in a plastic screw-top container and I bought it at a well-stocked craft & hobby store in Switzerland. I also saw a similar product at a larger garden & florist shop, I think some people use it in vases but I am not sure.

I love the pink layering you used. It looks cute and different.

CeCe bOO13

i was inspired by the pink granules in different layers. instead tho i used sand =] all from the dollar store *the container and the sand* $5 cant beat that!*
qogdad.jpg

awc0w0.jpg

Latest posts