Posting pictures for recommendations

foxykita143

I was surfing through specktra yesterday and an idea hit me. I starting thinking about the FOTDs, and how a lot of girls really would like help, but sometimes not receiving the help they need in the FOTD section. I'm not knocking FOTD because I LOVE it, but maybe we could have a section in recommendations for others to suggest tips (not criticize). I was thinking it could be something where we can post a picture of our naked face for color recommendations, different ways to wing the eyeliner or how high to go up on the crease for that specific eye shape, if contouring powder could be helpful, and so on. I was also thinking we could post up pictures of our day to day make up, and we could suggest different ways of wearing it that may be better for that certain persons features. I dont want to do this because I saw someones look and said "Damn she needs help!" because I am by NO means a professional, or even close. I just thought that this forum alone is full of some of the most talented ladies I have ever seen, professional or not, and what a better resource to use than that? I would love to know what I could do to improve my technique. What do you guys think?

laraVENGEANCE

yeah i think thats a great idea! i think sometimes the fotd forum is too tame when people ask for criticism and help.

foxykita143

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I love FOTD because its very encouraging and it's nice to hear compliments and that others like what you've come up with, and of course CC is always welcome here, but I would feel weird giving CC sometimes because I dont want to hurt any feelings, especially if someone got the courage to post something they arent sure of sometimes. It would be good to have something where are you making it clear that you want some tips, and you know what to expect so no ones feelings will get hurt that way. The ones who want CC will get it, and the ones who dont wont have to worry about it.

ForgetRegret

I think that's brilliant...especially because sometimes you might be a little nervous about giving some CC to someone when there's nothing but glowing reviews from everyone else.

foxykita143

Exactly. I'm going to post some pictures up tomorrow once I get back home and I can use my computer.

frusciante

I have a thread about this, asking for advice for myself.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f188/a...e-eyes-146108/

please check it out
smiles.gif