powder foundation

makeupgirl

I'm in need of a powder foundation, and I was wondering if you ladies use powder foundation. Mac studio Fix broke me out, and I want to know if anyone else went through that. I'm looking for something for NC45/50.

ktdetails

MINERALIZE SKIN FINISH NATURAL POWDER APPLIED WITH A FLAT TOP BRUSH!!!!! I use the stila #21 flat top brush (you could also try a kabuki like MAC 182)- buff that poo in - you'll look AH-MA-ZING. - NO BREAKOUTS FOR ME - and I HAVE SENSITIVE ACNE PRONE SKIN.

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdetails
MINERALIZE SKIN FINISH NATURAL POWDER APPLIED WITH A FLAT TOP BRUSH!!!!! I use the stila #21 flat top brush (you could also try a kabuki like MAC 182)- buff that poo in - you'll look AH-MA-ZING. - NO BREAKOUTS FOR ME - and I HAVE SENSITIVE ACNE PRONE SKIN.

Thanks, I tried the medium plus and it seemed a little too light. And the dark is a little too dark. I was told I'm NC45, so I can't seem to find a perfect match.

SoSoAmazin

with studio fix, make sure you're using a really good cleanser to get it all off cuz that'll contribute to break outs (a gentle cleanser isn't enough, I like using oil cleansers to really get all my makeup off). If you're skin still just plain doesn't like it, you can check out Stila's illuminating powder foundation which is also awesome (I currently have both studio fix and this and I love them both!). Others that get good reviews on makeupalley are MakeUpForever Duo Mat, Shiseido Powdery, and Clinique's Almost Powder, to name a few. HTH!
greengrin.gif

drenewt

I used bare minerals for years and loved it. I'm using mineralized now because it's less coverage but I would strongly suggest you try it. I think they sell it at Target now but if you have a Sephora you can try it there for free.

StArCaNdY

Try Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation. I forgot I had this and started using it again and fell in love!

Simply Elegant

I use CoverFX's and I love it. It has a lot of darker shades and a specific line for ladies with darker skin tones and it's in the B range.

makeupgirl

Thanks to all you ladies for your suggestion, I will definetly look into that. I'm really hoping to find a good one.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgirl
Thanks, I tried the medium plus and it seemed a little too light. And the dark is a little too dark. I was told I'm NC45, so I can't seem to find a perfect match.

MSF Natural is not a foundation. The coverage is very light. Have you tried Clinique or Prescriptives?

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
MSF Natural is not a foundation. The coverage is very light. Have you tried Clinique or Prescriptives?

I agree. Clinique's and Prescriptive's products are both suppose to be more sensitive skin friendly. I have tried Studio Fix powder and MSF (the original and the new formulation that is talc free) and they both broke me out. It's frustrating because I want to use them, but it's not worth the irritation.

Also I was at Walgreen's and noticed Covergirl's Queen Collection has their own mineral makeup, it may be worth a try!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I agree. Clinique's and Prescriptive's products are both suppose to be more sensitive skin friendly. I have tried Studio Fix powder and MSF (the original and the new formulation that is talc free) and they both broke me out. It's frustrating because I want to use them, but it's not worth the irritation.

Also I was at Walgreen's and noticed Covergirl's Queen Collection has their own mineral makeup, it may be worth a try!

Prescriptives is also coming out with a mineral makeup. I think it may even be Custom Blend. Something to keep on the lookout for.

glassy girl

Quote:

Even though msfn is not a foundation i still love it i think if med-plus is to light and dark is to dark try med-dark it's in between these 2 colors it should be perfect.

dominichulinda

I've been using my NMSF as a foundation since oct/nov ..and I love it..I don't need much coverage at all ...so it does the trick...I use Medium Dark.

makeupgirl

Quote:

Thanks for your suggestion. Yesterday I went and tried prescriptive, but it didn't quite look that good. She gave me level 4, I think that's antelope or something like that. I will be trying Clinique next and other recommandations.

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d

I know what you mean about the break out thing. I just finally gave up on trying to make it work after getting so many dark marks on my face. I will be trying Clinique. And I will also look into the Queen collection, it won't hurt to try.

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
I've been using my NMSF as a foundation since oct/nov ..and I love it..I don't need much coverage at all ...so it does the trick...I use Medium Dark.

I didn't even think to try medium dark, I was just judging it on the pan. The SA said I'm definetly dark, but I think she messed me up.

PolyphonicLove

Quote:

Medium Deep is your match, then - I'm NC45, and when I want heavy coverage, I apply primer, then buff in the powder with a flat top bronzer brush or a kabuki. I can get medium to deep coverage using that combo.

Also, Philosophy has a mineral foundation [to help you out, your shade will be Bronze - I'm buying it in a few weeks for myself], that's supposed to be really good. Worth a look see.

d n d

Quote:
Prescriptives is also coming out with a mineral makeup. I think it may even be Custom Blend. Something to keep on the lookout for.

I was at the mall and seen that Prescriptives now has the mineral foundation out. The colors are very impressive...the price is $32.50 I believe. It's suppose to be free of talc, oil, fragrance and has sunscreen. I want to get it, I will have to get a sample first since the MUA says they do not accept returns at that counter (if the makeup is opened).

Here is the link to it online:
http://www.prescriptives.com/templat...T_ID=PROD13458

makeupgirl

Thank you so much ladies, you ladies just don't know how helpful you have been. I will look into the mineral makeup, I'm excited.