pregnancy question...

caRpediEm17

alright so im quite possibly the most paranoid person when it comes to being pregnant and stuff...cuz im so young ya know? and like its not exactly my dream to become pregnant in high school...

my boyfriend and i are sexually active, but we are sure to use condoms every time...so my question is this: im like 2 days late and ive been late before, like before i was sexually active...

this is more for the ladies who have had children...so what are the early symptoms of pregnancy? i juSs wanna be safe and make sure im not showing up with any of the signs...

thanks so much girls! and i dont think you would, but please, please dont criticize me on my decision to be sexually active

brandiisamonkey

Hey girl! I understand about the being stressed, my fiancee and I are Pregnant (7months) and well it wasnt expected lol... he was happy right away, I was SUPER stressed lol, I have a really bad temper so I wanted to hold off on having kids lol.

Some of the early signs are tender breasts sickness, not ness in the morning just a blah feeling all the time (atleast it was for me)

Your best bet though is to go buy one of the prg tests, I recomend one thats used for early testing and I like the digital ones lol.

I wish I could be more help but when I first found out I was I just knew, I know that sounds redicilous but I knwo my body and for some reason I knew that I was preg.

Good Luck!

bebs

well brandi stated most everything. I have been pregnent too, although I did have a miscarage (again with the just knowing) though I had alot of bad times with the tests. I had a few that said pos and a few negs, so in the end I went to a local clinic and got a test done -it was free and they asked for blood. its a lot more accurate that the at home tests-

and honestly even though you are using condoms I would talk to your doctor and your parents (I know I know its hard but its better then hiding it, my bestfriends parents found hers and condoms in her room -as well as got the bill from insurence- and well our parents are similar, I told mine, they werent happy but they couldn't stop it) about birthcontrol if you dont want to get pregnant anytime soon, it also gets you more on time.

and in all honesty I wouldn't really worry about 2 days... about maybe 5 or so days is time to worry unless you want to go for the morning after pill or one of the other pills. but it is really always best to know.

good luck with everything.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I've never been preggers but... If you go on some sort of contraceptive pill (Which I would personally suggest for extra comfort in case you accidently forget etc etc) it will regulate your periods, and will give you extra peace of mind!

IslandGirl77

I have three kids...and the usual signs for me was exhaustion. Being extremely tired, never had sore breasts. Really bad morning sickness, this never really started until the 2nd month for me. And of course missed period. I agree with Cookie MOnsta you need to get on some type of BC. Right now I'm on Ortho Lo, which I like haven't had any side effects and been on it over six months now.

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caRpediEm17
alright so im quite possibly the most paranoid person when it comes to being pregnant and stuff...cuz im so young ya know? and like its not exactly my dream to become pregnant in high school...

my boyfriend and i are sexually active, but we are sure to use condoms every time...so my question is this: im like 2 days late and ive been late before, like before i was sexually active...

this is more for the ladies who have had children...so what are the early symptoms of pregnancy? i juSs wanna be safe and make sure im not showing up with any of the signs...

thanks so much girls! and i dont think you would, but please, please dont criticize me on my decision to be sexually active

I have 2 kids, and both times found out pretty quickly. My earliest signs were being tired all the time(wanting to skip my normal workouts, which I never do); breast tenderness; a SERIOUS aversion to cigarette smoke, the taste of alcohol, and a lot of warm foods(could only tolerate cold foods and fresh fruits); and a sense where I just KNEW I was pregnant.

stacey

I've had 2 kids and before them I've been on point to the exact day every month with my period. But, after my 2nd child my period has been going hay-wire coming on whichever day it wants too. For the past 2 or 3 months I've been buying pregnancy tests like no other thinking I was pregnant. More than likely the reason why you're a bit late is because you're either a) stressed out, B) exhausted, or C) really active. If you're still unsure and your period hasn't come I say get a test.

I remember with my second son my breasts were sore and I was really, really tired. But symptoms vary with every woman.

caRpediEm17

alright so i juSs started my period...never thought id be so thankful haha...but uhh my parents found out yesterday that i had had sex...it was pretty interesting...my mom tripped balls! i mean it was expected but some of the stuff she said was not cool...and my dad was upset, but he mostly juSs doesnt want me rushing into things...it sucked mostly because i was planning on telling them this weekend when i felt ready...but my mom was typing in a link into the search thing and plannedparenthood.com showed up...so she asked me about it and i juSs straight up told her...i dono, like it sucks cuz i know everytime i hang out with my guy now theyre gonna be really paranoid and think im having sex...thats not how it is at all, sex still means something to me, i dont see it as juSs something to do...i tried explaining that to my mom but she juSs said she didnt believe a word that was coming out of my mouth...it hurts that she doesnt trust me...yes, im having sex, but im taking every precaution and i dont want to get pregnant or get STD's juSs as much as them...in time things will be fine, but i juSs want my parents to trust me and know that im going to make good decisions...

bebs

bad that they found out that way.. but just tell them like you want to go for birthcontrol so that way you wont get pregant that you are smart and taking the right precautions, parents are over protective because they do care. about your mom well sorry to hear that she doesn't trust you... my mom said something pretty much the same thing about me and my husband when we were just starting to date... she likes him now. so just have faith and in the end its your choice what you do and with whom not theirs. mostly its because they love you and dont want to see you heartbroken

a few things I know I did.. if they are worried that, as you said all you two are doing when you hang out, hang out and chill in the house around them let them see that its not all about that.

but in the end its what you want not what they want.

user79

MORNING AFTER PILL!!!!

Seriously, make use of this as soon as you think you've had unsafe sex. Saved me on 3 occasions so far. Works for 72 hours after having sex.

kaliraksha

Hehe, I've had my little rush ins were I worried forever. I found out for my sane of mind to just keep pregnancy tests around... they're not always accurate.. but sometimes the morning before a test just taking one in the morning can be a great relief. As long as you are taking precautions though I would say try not to stress out.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
MORNING AFTER PILL!!!!

Seriously, make use of this as soon as you think you've had unsafe sex. Saved me on 3 occasions so far. Works for 72 hours after having sex.

Though its efficiency is really at its best in the first 24 hours. In the 48-72 hour gap, the chances of it being effective lessen quite a fair bit.

I just wanted to point that out so that if you are worried about expecting, try to get the morning after pill as soon as possible.

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
I've never been preggers but... If you go on some sort of contraceptive pill (Which I would personally suggest for extra comfort in case you accidently forget etc etc) it will regulate your periods, and will give you extra peace of mind!

i agree completely, i went on the pill after a major scare that ended up with me having to confess all to my mum, i was 18 so she didnt totally freak but she was not pleased. but she told me to go on the pill and it just makes you feel so much safer. keep using condoms too, it just gives you that extra safety net. i would never recommend anyone to rely fully on the pill unless you are in a stable monogamous relationship AND you know that neither of you have any stis, which can mean being checked out first. but better to be safe than sorry! i work in a hospital lab and run tests checking people for stis and they are scarily common.

sorry for long ramble! just hope it is of use to someone
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Though its efficiency is really at its best in the first 24 hours. In the 48-72 hour gap, the chances of it being effective lessen quite a fair bit.

I just wanted to point that out so that if you are worried about expecting, try to get the morning after pill as soon as possible.

I think it still does work though, I have taken it 3 times and the last time I got it at the clinic and the doctor told me I didn't have to take it right away (since I had an exam that day) and that I could wait until the next day.

Oh also, if you take it, make sure you take PLAN B which for me had no symptoms of side-effects at all. I felt completely fine. With the traditional method (basically 2-3 normal BC pills taken in high dosage) I puked my guts out for hours!!! Plan B is the best, I love it. It cost me like $25 CDN for the Plan B.

giz2000

As a parent of teenagers (2 girls and a boy), I can see why your mom freaked out on you: you're not her "little girl" anymore. It's a big shocker for a parent to accept that their children are growing up, and doing "grown-up" things like having sex. SInce you wrote your post a while ago, I hope things have settled down a bit with your parents. Have you talked to them about what's going on? Even more importantly than that, have you gone to the gyno? It is VERY important that you get regular check-ups now that you're sexually active...it's a whole new ballgame!

Geez..I am such a mom!!!
rofl.gif

CandyKisses1018

i know this is an old post but i wanna be a part of it cuz i have some questions of my own. I am not saying I am preg. or anything but i just have a few questions i'd like to know;

1) do you get any abdomen pain?
2) do you get any pain near or around your belly button
3) what about pelvic pain?
4) how is your sleeping habits?
5) is it hard to fall asleep at all sometimes?
6)how do you deal with the back pain and how oes it feel like?

if any of you have experianced any of that; what was the pain like? and how long does it last?

soco210

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKisses1018
i know this is an old post but i wanna be a part of it cuz i have some questions of my own. I am not saying I am preg. or anything but i just have a few questions i'd like to know;

1) do you get any abdomen pain?
2) do you get any pain near or around your belly button
3) what about pelvic pain?
4) how is your sleeping habits?
5) is it hard to fall asleep at all sometimes?
6)how do you deal with the back pain and how oes it feel like?

if any of you have experianced any of that; what was the pain like? and how long does it last?

1. yes
2. it can feel that way, this is gross, but usually thats gas lol
3. yes
4. i slept ALL the time. I could crash anywhere, and normally I don't need much sleep
5. no
6. I had most of my pain/labor in my back. which is consistent with my period cramps, I always get those in my back. I just tried to rest. Its painful, but bareable.

the pains in ques 1-3 lasted the first couple months, #4& 5 were the whole way thru, #6 was the second trimester to the end.

Keep in mind that everyone is going to have a different pregnancy & labor experience. I've had friends who SAIL through pregnancy, no morning sickness, no bloating, gain the acceptable amt of weight, etc. Not me, I got horrible break outs, bloated, and threw up for 5 months. Notttt fun but totally worth it
smiles.gif

soco210

also, no matter what always talk to your dr about pains and the things you're experiencing. mine liked to flutter around and would sometimes ask me if i had any questions while she was running out the door, so it helps to be prepared and write down what you want to ask.

feel free to PM me if you want to talk
smiles.gif