Prep and Prime skin - Is it oil free? OK for acne?

LadyLaundale

Thanks so much for posting that. I'm acne prone and have been wanting this product. Sorry about the breakouts my dear, but thanks for sharing.

MAC_addict_77

You're welcome. If you are acne prone (I am too, btw) I would recommend you stay away from it. Even though I am sure that everybody reacts differently to it. It did make my face suuuuper soft only for a few hours till my skin turned into sandpaper
ssad.gif

bellaetoile

i never had a problem with breaking out, however, i'm not the biggest fan of the product. fix+ and the smashbox primer work better, IMO.

brandi

wow that really sucks... i never had a problem with it... makes my foundation go on way better...and i only put very little like one pump for my whole face... and sometimes that could be a little too much... there is another primer from saphora thats really good too! if i find out the name i'll post it... it's clear...

iiifugaziii

did you use it on your entire face? if so, it might not have been that that broke you out if you only got something on your forehead

asnbrb

I'm extremely oily and have sensitive skin and Prep and Prime skin doesn't break me out. I adore it to death because it makes my skin so smooth and makes applying concealer/foundation so easy!

pale blue

Prep & Prime doesn't break me out, however I don't see much difference with my foundation lasting any longer. I do like the Smashbox one, but I only tried it once as a sample. Maybe I'll give that a try even though it is a bit pricey
cry.gif

angela

isn't prep+prime glittery too? i've been thinking about getting it and using studio fix over it, but i don't want to look like glitter exploded on my face..

Eye<3Colour

omg i love this stuff! way better then the smashbox! i just bought it saturday and tried it today! i have sensitive skin and didnt break out at all! im so sorry u did!! this is the first time my makeup stayed put until i just took it off an hour ago!!

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
isn't prep+prime glittery too? i've been thinking about getting it and using studio fix over it, but i don't want to look like glitter exploded on my face..

if there is glitter in this, i couldnt see it. not a sparkle.

MAC_addict_77

Thank you all for the suggestions. I might have put too much on, cause the first time I just used a little and it was fine. My skin still feels kinda weird. I have an appointment Thursday for a Culturebloom make over so I will try it after that. I want to go there with decent skin.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela

nonono!! it's more... shimmery than anything else and you don't really see it after you put on your foundation. I find that it tends to even out your skin tone more than anything.

lokailyve

i also have sensitive skin and was skeptical about using prep & prime skin at first, but the decided to give it a try, and i LOVE IT. it smoothes out my skin & made it easy to apply makeup.

The MAs told me that when using it, one pump is enough to apply to your entire face. hope that helps.
smiles.gif