Prep + Prime Enhance (Asia-exclusive)

stickles

Just had a peek at the 'book' at a counter and noticed there'll be a new Asia-only collection called Prep + Prime Enhance. Basically it'll be three new makeup primers:
  • Enhance (pink)
  • Neutralize (yellow)
  • Illuminate (lavender)
They may also be repromoting the SPF 50 primer as well.

It's a small collection, but I'm intrigued. Not sure when this comes out either.

Krasevayadancer

I noticed something new from Prep and prime in the update book when I had a peak as well. I think it might be what you are talking about. Since I saw the book in NY, do you think that means it will be released here as well? I'm not usually as interested in skincare so I only briefly glanced at the page that had the info.

stickles

I noticed that the book did say "asia exclusive" on that page, although, as we've seen, some of these items like Charged Waters end up making it over eventually anyways, just later on

hunnybun

it kind of sounds like the smashbox color corrective primers. interesting....please do keep us posted. thanks for the info!

MAC_Whore

The update books in the states will list asian exclusives, even if they don't plan on releasing them here. That been said, the pro store will often get asian exclusives that aren't released throughout the U.S.
smiles.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The update books in the states will list asian exclusives, even if they don't plan on releasing them here. That been said, the pro store will often get asian exclusives that aren't released throughout the U.S.
smiles.gif

Does this mean I can call a pro-store and get the items delivered?

TIA

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Does this mean I can call a pro-store and get the items delivered?

TIA

Sure...if they end up getting it. That's the only variable. But, yeah anything in the store, they will mail.
smiles.gif

I have a feeling that these will hit the US market eventually. Smashbox makes a killing on those. They are nice addition to your foundation/face routine if you need them. Their absence is a hole in MAC's product line, so I would like to think that they would eventually fill it. Especially since they DC'd the colour corrector Select Cover-Ups. I would also like to see MAC release a Bronzer Primer like Smashbox has.

stickles

So I got to try these out today. The packaging is quite lovely even if you can't see from my blurry camera phone pic. Clear but a bit frosted for the plastic. Lavender, pink, and peach.

However, the pump reminded me of why I don't buy products like glimmershimmers, you just always end up squirting out way too much grrr. On another note, new try-on pacs are available now (not the ones pictured), they come in hard plastic long rectangular casing with a handle.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdoll
they look nice, but how would you use them?

As a make-up base. They can add effects to a foundation like making one look more luminous. They also help with a foundation's staying power and some contain SPF.

Gblue

I've had a quick read of the Japanese site and it looks like the yellow is designed to neutralize red (makes sense based on the name!), the pink is designed to 'give the impression of cleaness' (illuminating) and I think the idea behind the peach one is to tone down pigmentation. But the kana (kusumi) they use I understand as dirt or contamination. I guess something is lost in translation
smiles.gif

Gblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by adela88
can anyone tell me if these 3 items have glitter in them? or are they matte

it doesnt say that they contain glitter, but they look slightly reflective. i would expect the pink one to, as it's an illuminator.