Prep + Prime Lip / Face / Eye - What do you think? Opinions? Reviews?

Shanneran

LE or Permie?..... has anyone had the pleasure of trying the skin prep... i have terribly large pores and red blotches.. not to mention... my foundation wont stay put.. anyone try it out?

Juneplum

i think they're permies... i haven't heard good things about them tho.. i have friends who live in the UK (it's already released there) and all of them who have tried the lip, eye and face primers say they're worthless.. one friend said the face primer made her skin look flat and dull even when she put her powder on top.. apparently the face primer has some sort of pearl/shimmer in it... another said the eye primer was a waste of money and that ud primer potion is WAAAAYY better..her eyeshdaow creased within a few hours after using it.. supposedly the eye primer is just to prepare your lids to make it smooth.. not to prevent creasing.. for that i'll get everything done with a swish of primer potion... i'm kinda disappointed cos i was reaallly looking forward for these to come out. i'll still get some samples to try it tho just so i can see 4 myself...
th_confused_new.gif

user2

I'm kinda disappointed right now...after a hot summer day your e/s is more in the crease than everywhere else!

Hikaru-chan

Prep and Prime is out already in the UK and let me tell you your not missing much. The only one worth trying is the lip primer and having said that I prefere Duwop Reverse liner as it does the same thing.

FemmeNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
Prep and Prime is out already in the UK and let me tell you your not missing much. The only one worth trying is the lip primer and having said that I prefere Duwop Reverse liner as it does the same thing.

I have the lip one. I tried it the other day and I didn't notice much difference. How are you using it?

Thanks!

sweet8684girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan

I have the lip one. I tried it the other day and I didn't notice much difference. How are you using it?

Thanks!

I have the lip one and haven't noticed a difference, either.

jasper17

i found the eye primer at a cco a couple weekends ago and it gave me a tiny but more staying power but my e/s just kind of creased itself into oblivion, anyway. kind of disappointing.

pink__grapefruit

Prep And Prime

I've heard a few girls on lj talk about how much they like the Face Prep and Prime, and i think i need that, because my makeup tends to come off and such..
But I was wondering what you guys think of the Lash Prep and Prime... I have DiorShow, and it does a good job, but i'm still not fully satisfied (i go crazy when i see clumpy mascara)...

Also, i haven't seen it at my counter, do you have to go to the Freestanding stores or something?

Thanks In Advance
<3 Kristen
smiles.gif

pinkmilk

Prep + Prime... anyone have reviews?

I was wondering if the Prep + Prime skin was worth its money?

Has anyone bought and tried it?

Does it work with oily skin?

martygreene

Product reviews are in the Reviews section of the forums. There are Prep + Prime reviews in the MAC Reviews.

peanut

MA used this and the eye primer on me yesterday at my Naturally Eccentric makeover. She applied the oil control lotion on my t-zone followed by the new face primer all over. It worked great. I have combo skin that's more oily right now during the summer months. Was also impressed with the eye primer. Kept my eye makeup looking good all day. Ended up buying both of these products. MA told me to make sure to use a very light coat and they'll work better. She had it on herself and her face looked great.

Lolita

I got a sample of this (for skin) and have used it a few times... its like a light lotion with really really fine white/silvery-ish shimmer that really isnt noticeable at all once its on your face. As for performance, I didnt really feel it did anything at all. my foundation didnt go on smoother, look better, or last longer. I was looking for a substitute for smashbox photo finish (which broke me out), but this stuff doesnt compare performance wise enough for me to find out wether it does too.

Midgard

Although my foundation goes on smoother, my skin gets oilier than normal after a few hours
ssad.gif

But I adore the eye primer! Great stuff!

DoeEyedGirl

I personally love Prep+Prime Skin but I don't have oily skin. I love the way it makes my foundation glide right on. I wrote a review for it in the review section. I think it's worth it!

visivo

Prep + Prime Lip / Face / Eye - What do you think?

I am totally late on this prep+prime stuff, but they are intriguing -- wondering how you guys like them, specifically lip and face.

What exactly does the lip on do? Prolong color wear? Does it help to keep the color from migrating? Anything would be helpful, as the reviews were not...

Thanks!
wavey.gif

mollie

Sanne

lash: it took too laong for me to let it dry, i know I don't have time for that in the morning
lip: I don't really know, because I had a lipstick over it that I hated, so I whiped it right off
greengrin.gif

face: OMG! this stuf is amazing!!! It obviously has some silicone in it, because it supersmoothes my skin. it makes my foundation stay put longer than ever before, I cannot live without this anymore!