pressing tkb pigments

GLAMORandGORE

does anyone have any experience? if so, what did you use? do you have pictures? did you use tkb's own "press-it-binder"?

i have plenty of little sample baggies and i'd LOVE to press them. i want to get more but my makeup drawer is already messy enough as it is >___<

BabyGirlB

I haven't pressed any yet, but I ordered the EZ eye shadow kit and a couple micas as well as the press-it binder. My order should be in next week so when I play with it I'll let ya know how it goes! If anybody else has already tried this I'd sure like to hear how it went too!
smiles.gif

Merenwen

Hello!
After reading this post on TKB forum, I made mysef a "master mix" of jojoba oil and zinc stearate (and vitE I think) in a squeeze bottle, in the proportions Kaila recommended.
I pressed about 30 TKB pigments in small rectangular TKB tins, put them in an Inglot palette and traveled to and through Europe with them without damage (only one of my shadows broke, but it's because I didn't press enough pigment and was too lazy to add some, so it's my fault).
The shadows are really great to work with too! Not rock hard or too powdery.
I ordered CS EZ press medium, but never bothered to use it as Kaila's recipe works really well!

Merenwen

I did a pic of a TKB eyeshadow (and some MAC pressed with alcohol) and an Everyday Minerals blush palette I pressed like 8 months ago with TKB founder's method.
The broken purple eyeshadow broke because the pan wasn't full enough (and I'd like to emphasize that it BROKE, not SHATTERED, so no mess!)
The messy shadow on the right is actually a MAC pigment
winks.gif

P1040322.jpg

P1040323.jpg

Merenwen

They hold up extremely well. My pressed pigments used to shatter in a few months when I pressed them with only jojoba oil or Fyrinnae's pressing medium (well, some of them at least), but not with this method. Blushes and foundation hold up very well too.