Primer for Oily Lids! Help!!

keetuh

Okay, so today I really realized how oily my lids really are. Since wear the full face, and I tried out a new water line eyeliner idea. Actually my eyeliner stayed the entire time but my eyeshadows did not. They have seem to rub off throughout the day and I'm pretty sure it's because I have oily lids. What primer would you recommend?

I've tried Mary Kay's Primer as well as UDPP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LC

try using a concealer aimed at people with oily skin. you may want to start off by putting a tiny bit of oil-control lotion on them first.

Mac has a great oil control lotion, and the concealer i think that would work best for you is the select cover up concealer

fieran

I have oily lids - so I combine UDPP with Paint Pot or UDPP with a Greasepaint stick (all applied gently with my fingers in a patting motion) - works wonderfully well. Another base you could try is this brand known as Art Deco - you can get it in Europe but I'm not sure about US. It's relatively inexpensive compared to UDPP - about 5 or 6 Euros.

LILYisatig3r

I have oily lids - so I combine UDPP with Paint Pot or UDPP with a Greasepaint stick (all applied gently with my fingers in a patting motion) - works wonderfully well. Another base you could try is this brand known as Art Deco - you can get it in Europe but I'm not sure about US. It's relatively inexpensive compared to UDPP - about 5 or 6 Euros.
I do the exact same thing and it fixed my problem immediately. I used to have the same issue you do; my shadows would disappear instantly in the crease and make this nasty cakey line across my fold. I throw on UDPP and a Paint Pot over it (I apply with brush though and then blend with my finger) and the shadows stick like glue. Try it and see if it works :)

I will agree that UDPP is kind of pricey =/

fieran

Indeed, UDPP is not the cheapest option - but it does work - "unfortunately" :)

I think Too Face Shadow Insurance is another option - not sure how different the price is from UDPP. Can't remember how much I paid for mine.

keetuh

try using a concealer aimed at people with oily skin. you may want to start off by putting a tiny bit of oil-control lotion on them first.

Mac has a great oil control lotion, and the concealer i think that would work best for you is the select cover up concealer
Yes, I have tried the oil control lotion. I'm for sure the MAC artist put some on my face when I asked for him to match my foundation. Now that I think about it, I wasn't oily for the rest of that day. Haha, I am so corny because that is going on my list as well. I'm going to go inside the MAC store instead of going online to buy the concealer though. I'm not sure what would be my color right now. I've noticed my foundation is a little bit dark right now. I think it's because my foundation was matched in the summer and I was darker then.

keetuh

Oh trust me, I know exactly how expensive the UDPP is. I finally went into Sephora just to check out their items in the store. Everything was so expensive, I wondered how the hell do people do huge hauls and what kind of jobs they have because I need that job!! But back to the UPDD, I only have a small one, I don't use it that much since I don't really care for it that much. I mainly use my Mary Kay one.

LILYisatig3r

Oh trust me, I know exactly how expensive the UDPP is. I finally went into Sephora just to check out their items in the store. Everything was so expensive, I wondered how the hell do people do huge hauls and what kind of jobs they have because I need that job!! But back to the UPDD, I only have a small one, I don't use it that much since I don't really care for it that much. I mainly use my Mary Kay one.
It also depends on how much you use. One bottle lasts me maybe 2-3 months because I wear makeup almost every day, so it tends to be expensive to me. If you don't use it that often the value could definitely justify the price. Plus if you crack the bottle open you get SO much more product (and just put it in a little clear jar or something). For awhile I used just paint pots to prime my lids and wasn't enough because my lids are really oily. So honestly, its a worthy investment if you think it'll help; which for me, it did.

sss215

I have found that no matter what primer product you use, layers are what helps the most. oily will eventually break through, but layers give me more flawless wearing time.

here is what i do

monistat anti chafting gel
concealer or foundation (oily skin formula for me)
ben nye banana powder (a semi translucent powder that has a dark cream tone to it, no shimmer)
eye primer ( I love NARS)
MAC greasepaint stick or dark fluidline or other brand eye liner of choice (optional if necessary for the look)
eye shadows that I also layer.

good luck!

LC

Yes, I have tried the oil control lotion. I'm for sure the MAC artist put some on my face when I asked for him to match my foundation. Now that I think about it, I wasn't oily for the rest of that day. Haha, I am so corny because that is going on my list as well. I'm going to go inside the MAC store instead of going online to buy the concealer though. I'm not sure what would be my color right now. I've noticed my foundation is a little bit dark right now. I think it's because my foundation was matched in the summer and I was darker then.
Yeah...what shade are you normally? I'd get a shade lighter and in an NW formula, even if you're an NC. It just works better for shadows, however i wouldn't recommend the same concealer for the rest of ur face.

As far as the oil control lotion, I'm oily as well, and i don't get oily at all when I use the oil control lotion, what a life-saver

ILoveMakeup84

I follow a tip by Kandee Johson and its worked wonders with me! When I apply my foundation I apply a little on my eyelids, then I use a little bit of setting powder, then I put UDPP and set it again and it works wonders!

Sarah Afshar

I would definitely recommend Lancome's Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolour Base. Another great eye shadow primer is definitely Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. These are phenomenal for those with oily eyelids.

makeba

i have super oily lids and Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best. I apply the UDPP then I apply tan ray paint or bamboom paint and then my shadow. i apply the paint over top of the UDDP becuz it helps the shadow stay put and glide across my lids when I apply it.

ElvenEyes

My lids are very oily and shadow has a tendency to slide all over the place! UDPP works wonderfully for me, but today I tried a MAC paint pod and that has worked fabulous as well!

itsfknmania

I have oily lids too.
What I do is I put my concealer on my eyes then put some pressed powered over that
Then I put my primer on (UDPP in eden, Paint Pots work well on me also)
And put my shadows over it
Lasts all day, even through gym class!

lexijojohnson

I think Kat von D's eye primer is amazing. I only have the cream color, but I saw that she now has some more fun colors avail.

I also found something that people would not expect to be a primer at all, much less an effective one: the Highlighter end of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector. It's is lovely for highlighting/making me look more awake, and great for keeping the oily lids at bay!