Pro Discounts in Australia?

chanelchic

I know MAC do one [or 3], but there have to be more avaliable in Australia.

Just wondering what they were....

Thanks!

Beauty Marked!

Did you mean non-mac companies? If so:

Mecca
Becca
Make Up Store

If not...sorry.
winks.gif

Beauty Marked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Cut.

Really? Well, it's only 25% though. I must have been lucky then
ssad.gif

This year it's only a single page form. Maybe they have lightened up a bit..somehow I doubt it though...so not Mecca's style. :p

Beauty Marked!

Fair enough. This is only my third year with a disount card and I only had to fill in a form this year and did it all by fax. Instead of all the hassle of showing your book, they can just telephone your agent and that will suffice.

Sounds like you got some know nothing counter jumper with an attitude. *snooty* Their loss.

MissLorsie

i rang up mac paddington today enquiring about the pro discount. she said to me that i wasnt eligible.

i needed an
ABN (check which i have)
Business card (check which i have)
Website (in progress, need more pics before i finish it off)
Portfolio (in progress again need more pics)
Invoices (which i have)

Last thing that il never get is editoral credits because im only really focusing on weddings, formals, parties and deb balls etc

She was really abrupt, rude if i may add to saying well your not eligible because you dont do editorial work so therefore arent in the industry and you cant get it.

Mind you my cousins gfs mum (that was a mouthful) got heres just by showing her ABN, business card and a few invoices..

what the go??

lara

The information seems to depend on who you get, but it's three items of proof as per Mac Pro guidelines.

If you're in there, ask for the pro discount application slip. It details the various types of proof they'll accept.

MissLorsie

hmmm actually that sounds like a good idea lara.. get the form fill it out with the necessary proof and then they cant say no if i have what is detailed on the form..

might give that one a go before i dismiss it completely..

thanks for the tip
smiles.gif