Pro Lipmix Collection (March 2012)

Mac-Guy

Just go to your Pro store. No need for ordering it over the phone as you have access to a Pro store.

Mac-Guy

I could not resist and purchased the Gloss Lipmix as well. It is gorgeous as now I can turn any l/s into a l/g.

Woohoo, I'm wearing my very own custom-made Gareth Pugh Restrict l/g today.
love.gif
It's the perfect Spring/Summer gloss for those who liked Restrict during the Winter months.

Teggy

Ooh, I'd have fun making some custom colors outta this. I wonder if it can be mixed with pigments.

martiangurll

I could not resist and purchased the Gloss Lipmix as well. It is gorgeous as now I can turn any l/s into a l/g.

Woohoo, I'm wearing my very own custom-made Gareth Pugh Restrict l/g today.
love.gif
It's the perfect Spring/Summer gloss for those who liked Restrict during the Winter months.

We need the Recipe, please?

Audrey C

Now THIS I need.
pompom.gif

I can take colours that are just a bit too cold for me, warm them up and turn them into a gloss. All the fun of finger painting, for grown ups. I'm all over this. I see a trip to the Pro Store in my future. *Eager nodding*

MAC-Guy, do you have a sense for how long the shelf life would be for a custom mix? If it's not long, then I'll be sure to make a tiny amount.

Mac-Guy

Now THIS I need.
pompom.gif

I can take colours that are just a bit too cold for me, warm them up and turn them into a gloss. All the fun of finger painting, for grown ups. I'm all over this. I see a trip to the Pro Store in my future. *Eager nodding*

MAC-Guy, do you have a sense for how long the shelf life would be for a custom mix? If it's not long, then I'll be sure to make a tiny amount.
I try to produce enough product to last me a week, but not much more. The l/m are very pigmented, so you really don't need much. The problem is where to store it since the l/m palettes were d/c-ed. Also, it's not always easy to recreate exactly the same shade, but that's also the fun part.

And yes, there is no reason to not like a lippie anymore as the colored l/m are great to warm up or cool down a lippie. They are an excellent way to play with old lippies and glosses that don't really suit you that much. Just use some lipmix and make them "you." I'd say it's one of the best kept secrets for Pro items.

Audrey C

I try to produce enough product to last me a week, but not much more. The l/m are very pigmented, so you really don't need much. The problem is where to store it since the l/m palettes were d/c-ed. Also, it's not always easy to recreate exactly the same shade, but that's also the fun part.

And yes, there is no reason to not like a lippie anymore as the colored l/m are great to warm up or cool down a lippie. They are an excellent way to play with old lippies and glosses that don't really suit you that much. Just use some lipmix and make them "you." I'd say it's one of the best kept secrets for Pro items.
That sounds fabulous. My next mission: to find a way to make Rebel wearable!!!
pompom.gif

aradhana

2/3 GP Restrict l/s + 1/3 Satin lipmix + 1 drop of the Gloss lipmix = a Restrict Cremesheen-ish l/g (maybe a little bit more longlasting as I made it less liquid-ey)
i like the thought of creating cremesheen glosses....
is it the satin lipmix that gives that texture, or more the gloss one?

LauraLara

Help! So I'm going to southeast asia for three weeks, leaving tomorrow, I just got back from mexico yesterday and I spent the whole trip trying to keep my lipsticks in coolers so they didn't melt. So for asia I want to bring lipmixes instead so melting isn't an issue in the heat. I have all of the colors. If I had to pick just a few to bring, what would you suggest? I am very partial to corals and oranges and kind of to violet. I was thinking of going with the bright red, the orange and the white. But I feel like a proper coral might need one of the pinks? Magenta or fuchsia? I'm trying to go with as few as possible and since I'm leaving tomorrow I don't really have time to play. I think I HAVE to bring white and orange because I'm pale and all my favorite colors contain orange. But I don't know about the third or if I really need a fourth. Maybe I could bring a pink to mix with the orange instead of the red? I don't plan on doing any red lips, just pink corals and orange corals.

Latest posts