Problem getting color to stay

GGBlu

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, so if I'm misposting, I'd appreciate one of the mods moving this to its appropriate section.

I've noticed lately that I'm having trouble getting colors to stick to my right eyelid. This holds true whether it's the pressed shadows or pigments (wet or dry). This morning, after applying a base of Royal Wink fluidline, I had to reapply Electric Eel THREE times before it would stick.

I always prime my eye first, whether it be with UDPP or Untitled MAC paint. Even before using fluidlines as a base, I still use a primer.

My left eye is fine, colors take perfectly. And again, this is only recently. I've noticed allergies acting up lately, causing my right eye to water ... maybe this has something to do with it?

Either way, it's driving me mad ... my makeup looks uneven and sloppy because of this.
thmbdn.gif

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

mindlessgapgirl

i have had the exact same problem with my left eye - but its the outer corner, no makeup will stick and i hate it...my eyes get itchy and watery and apparently i am allergic to something in eyeliner because that is what usually bothers me. i usually load on vaseline at night and hope the dry itchy patch goes away...i'd love to read if anyone else has solutions for this!

leenybeeny

I have the same problem during allergy season, and the only thing that helps is to powder the area with Studio Fix.. it acts like a dry primer rather than a cream based one to kind of soak up the moisture from my watery eyes. Unfortunately it's not a permanent fix. If your eyes keep watering, eventually it will get all mucked up again
ssad.gif
For me, the only way to prevent it is to fix the source problem and go nuts on the allergy meds!