Problems w/ dispensing MAC Brush Cleanser

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
well for brand new brushes, i always wash them with shampoo a few times. to get rid of any dyes/harsh smells. then once its dry, i always use the brush cleanser to disinfect, and then they're ready to use. thats just what i do though.

how do you deep clean the brushes with the cleanser for use brushes? like when you use your brushes for a whole week without washing it. do you wash it with soap then use the cleanser or you just use the cleanser?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
how do you deep clean the brushes with the cleanser for use brushes? like when you use your brushes for a whole week without washing it. do you wash it with soap then use the cleanser or you just use the cleanser?

the cleanser is all you ever need. clean them before you use them after buying to remove packing preservatives, and clean them when they're dirty. no need to rinse or clean with anything else.

olddcassettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I pour mine in a squirt/spray bottle from the Target Dollar bin

ditto, what she said. i got my idea from fafinettex3 on youtube, saved my life.
smiles.gif

juicy415

^^^ yup like all the ladies said i put mine in the bath and body small mist spray bottle i saved tons of it

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the cleanser is all you ever need. clean them before you use them after buying to remove packing preservatives, and clean them when they're dirty. no need to rinse or clean with anything else.

thanks so much. thats what i needed to know.

Ernie

Thanks for the tip about transferring the cleanser to a spray bottle. I came up with a good way to clean without using any water. I sprayed my brushes with the cleanser and let them sit for 5 minutes. I then used Wet Ones (red package) till there was no more color coming out of the brushes, worked great and I didn't have to clean anything else.

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah i transfer it into a spray bottle and actually dilute it a little with some water - makes it last longer!
smiles.gif

I was just going to say, if you use 1 part cleaner to 1 part h2o, it makes that bottle of cleaner go so much further, and cleans just as well, imo.
thmbup.gif